Should federal income tax returns be public?

Current laws on tax returns certainly protect privacy.

On the other hand they make tax evasion, conflicts of interest, and discrimination much less obvious.

That’s the job of the IRS and not your average citizen…

1 Like

The IRS is responsible for collecting federal taxes. It has no responsibility to correct wage discrimination or to identify conflicts of interest. Making tax returns public record would help in multiple areas.

How about this for a roll out.

For 3 years, tax returns for all house members, senators and their staff are made public.

If there isn’t any issues with that Then step 2.

For 3 years, any registered lobiest will have their tax returns made public.

If still no objections then step 3.

for 3 year Tax returns for every state gover, state legislator, state lobiest and their staffs made public.

If STILL no objjections then step 4

For 3 years tax returns for any elected officials local/state/federal and their staffs will be made public.

If after 12 years, all the politicians and lobiest thinks it’s a good idea, then and only then will be be rolled out to the general public.

(each step ads to the one before. exampel at step two, all congress, staff and any registered lobiest will have tax returns public)

1 Like

Why should Donald Trump issue a tax return? Obama has not published his tax return. Clinton has not published her tax return. Literally no one in the history of the United States issued a tax return to run for president. This is a stupid idea. Do you really think Donald Trump will indicate in his return whether the money comes from Russia? Donald Trump is too smart. Money comes from Ukraine. Idiotic liberals consider this a smart move.

I agree Trump should not be the only one required to release his return. On the other hand, I think that allowing tax returns that are filed after some future date to be public documents may not be a bad policy for the country.

Either that or we could abolish all taxes and get our money from Ukraine. . .

@Bill.in.PA

This is among the top 10 stupidest ideas I have ever seen. My finances are none of your concern nor is my relationship with the IRS. That is between me and them.

The world would be a much better place if everyone would mind their own business.

1 Like

If you want to see Obama’s and Hillary’s tax returns, here is the link.

Trumps? Not so much.

.>>>>

He’s not running, he is. And you might want to check your history.

I agree he shouldn’t have to. I believe he did say he would.

There’s nothing hypocritical about that…

You can check the history. Donald Trump knows that campaigning is what he is best at. That is why he started the campaign for 2020 immediately after taking office. No one will vote against Donald Trump because he is great. We can say that 2020 will be a good year for Donald, because tax cuts and border funds will become big campaign issues. When Donald becomes president again and again, the liberals will cry again.

I have. It started with Nixon. Until Trump.

You’re being a bit silly.

Start with Democrats first!

Donald Trump was the first president to officially launch the reelection campaign immediately after the inauguration. This is why many people say that Donald is a genius. Obama is the idiot who officially launched the campaign in 2011. That’s why he lost, Donald won. You can beat the winner and Donald knows how to win. One day you will find that only Donald Trump knows the truth, which is why he defeated the Democrats.

I agree. Unless the IRS can prove that someone has actually broken the law, non-government workers’ tax returns should NOT be made public. The reason that government officials’ salaries are public is because the public pays their salaries, therefore we have the right to know how much we are paying them. The general population isn’t paying private citizens’ salaries so it is none of their business.

Who in the hell ever said that?

Many say that Donald is a genius. A real person always said that. Did you see him on Twitter? People only say good things to Donald Trump because it’s true.

Many what?

Why do you think it’s so silly?

Have you ever been exposed to frivolous lawsuits just because you won the lottery, or had your child kidnapped and held for ransom just because you’re rich?

Think it’s silly now?

Still think it’s silly.