Should doctors and nurses be held to the same standard as police officers?

no hes not

how about during?

No, and I’m not trying to. I’m saying there is still a lot of debate.

From the article I posted:

“For example, Makary extrapolated the number of deaths from three outdated studies with a total of just 35 deaths, and medical error was not well-defined.”

The study literally looked at just 35 deaths. Hardly conclusive.

What’s interesting is that you decey the FBI and their actions yet somehow think your local police force is different. Regardless to protect and to serve refers to the government not the populace

1 Like

Yes, he is. Police exist to maintain order not to protect citizens.

They actually exist to protect criminals from citizens.

1 Like

big difference between fbi and cops

whatever point attempted here has failed

Just like the climate models with fewer variables.

1 Like

Which is what. They are both law enforcement agencies with broad powers and their job is to protect the government not you

maintaining order protects people. that simple

In the case of serial killers and predators the arrest certainly does save lives. Sometimes the models show quite a few.

1 Like

start a separate thread on fbi. thanks

This is going to be a fun thread.

To answer the question. Yes they should. Like LEO they will not because there is a certain art and limit to liability.

Noting your arguments are not so much about holding medical professionals and police to the same standards of punishment for negligently or recklessly causing someone’s death but more about the hypocrisy of conservatives when it comes to civil liability.
Do you have an opinion not involving the hypocrisy of conservatives as to whether medical and law enforcement workers should face similar criminal law responsibility for similar damage done by negligent acts?

Sure you are. It doesn’t really matter though, not in this context. What number is being shot by cops a cause for black males in the US? I think homicide is #4. Of course that’s all homicides, and we know who does most of the killing.

Yet we’ll set the country on fire over it.

I don’t care if medical “error” is #4 or #14. Given the standard Potter was held to, the OP is spot on.

1 Like

Yes and i have made it pretty abundantly clear in this thread. It should not be lowered for doctors. I can refer you to the post if you’d like

Maintain order mean status quo.
If you wear this flag, you are against cops.

Some people, not the gen pop. Mostly the elite.

not many elite in the slums, ghettos, hood…

There’s no order there either.

cops aren’t oppressors

stop watching msnbc

1 Like