Should Convicted Felons be Allowed to Vote?

No. He moves here he’s yours.

Just think Lou, if they get it done you’ll owe me for life.

:rofl:

Oye!

I don’t have much of a life, but you are welcome to it.

:wink:

The ones that are in the permanent disqualification from voting under my proposal are unlikely to ever pay taxes again during their lives or at least during a major portion of their remaining life.

Ok. But that doesn’t answer my question.

Of course. If they use roads and are protected by the police etc. IN fact, they have demonstrated a greater tendency to spend tax dollars on prisons than most.
On the other hand, if they have shown a tendency to believe certain crimes of moral turpitude or fine with them, I don’t particularly want them to have a say in passing our legislation.

Hadn’t thought about treason, espionage, etc. Those would be worthy of a permanent loss, but everything else I would say restore upon completion of sentence.

Not to mention all the tax dollars spent trying, convicting, and incarcerating them.

Any updates yet?

I don’t think we have much to worry about in the people convicted of treason voting category. Here is the complete list of them.

from List of people convicted of treason - Wikipedia

• Philip Vigol and John Mitchell, convicted of treason and sentenced to hanging; pardoned by George Washington; see Whiskey Rebellion.
  • John Fries, the leader of Fries’ Rebellion, convicted of treason in 1800 along with two accomplices, and pardoned that same year by John Adams.
  • Governor Thomas Dorr 1844, convicted of treason against the state of Rhode Island; see Dorr Rebellion; released in 1845; civil rights restored in 1851; verdict annulled in 1854.
  • John Brown, convicted of treason against the Commonwealth of Virginia in 1859 and executed for attempting to organize armed resistance to slavery.
  • Aaron Dwight Stevens, took part in John Brown’s raid and was executed in 1860 for treason against Virginia.
  • William Bruce Mumford, convicted of treason and hanged in 1862 for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.
  • Walter Allen was convicted of treason on September 16, 1922 for taking part in the 1921 Miner’s March with the coal companies and the US Army on Blair Mountain, West Virginia. He was sentenced to 10 years and fined. During his appeal to the Supreme Court he disappeared while out on bail. United Mineworkers of America leader William Blizzard was acquitted of the charge of treason by the jury on May 25, 1922.[12]
  • Martin James Monti, United States Army Air Forces pilot, convicted of treason for defecting to the Waffen SS in 1944. He was paroled in 1960.
  • Robert Henry Best, convicted of treason on April 16, 1948 and served a life sentence.
  • Iva Toguri D’Aquino, who is frequently identified by the name “Tokyo Rose”, convicted 1949. Subsequently, pardoned by President Gerald Ford.
  • Mildred Gillars, also known as “Axis Sally”, convicted of treason on March 8, 1949; served 12 years of a 10- to 30-year prison sentence.
  • Tomoya Kawakita, sentenced to death for treason in 1952, but eventually released by President John F. Kennedy to be deported to Japan.
  • Herbert John Burgman, convicted of treason in 1949 during WWII for spreading Nazi propaganda.

I doubt there are more than one or two still alive and kicking.

ToT is one of Sewells other accounts and is suspended until 3019. lol

IMO, felons should not be allowed to vote, ever, even after they served their time. They gave up their rights when they did the crime. Misdemeanors, that’s a different story I think, but those who have committed crimes as serious as felonies shouldn’t have a say in elections. And they shouldn’t own a gun.

1 Like

So harsh. lol

If it helps though, it was incredibly difficult to get back on good terms with society for about 8 years after my time was served.

Are you confused about something, or would you like to partake in some dabs with me? I have plenty to share.

Now I’m the confused one. Gimme my meme back. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. You know some felonies really aren’t that serious…

Criminal background isn’t run on every traffic stop. Officer who does that . . . well they won’t be an officer for long :smiley:

Sounds to me like the nice fine outstanding person who stole your identity committed a crime under your name and DOB that is on the NICS record.

1 Like

Lou’s name dob and ss number would be an alias on Mr. Dirtbags criminal history. There is no way Lou can petition to have it removed from Mr. Dirtbags Criminal history. The history would show the charge, name arrested under, and then court disposition.

With it like that, anytime Lou’s name is run for a criminal history, it hit’s on Mr. Dirtbag’s alias. If he used the SS number, even that becomes an alian for Mr. Dirtbag, and is linked forever to Lou.

1 Like

More than likely, the probrlem isn’t Lous criminal history. His is probably clean (right Lou?? Lou?? hello?? just kidding). The problem is Mr. Dirtbags criminal history. And Lou can not petition to have something removed from mr. Dirtbags criminal history.

1 Like