Shooting at Chabad synagogue in San Diego kills one, injures three

:point_up:. Exactly.

1 Like

How many more people need to die before we address this ■■■■■■■ elehpent in the room.

2 Likes

Alot more, im talking tons

A report from heavy.com is that the suspect may have earlier set fire to a mosque. His ideology appears to be similar to the Pittsburgh shooting suspect. They both have no love for President Trump.

I would post a link but it contains some nasty language and other issues.

They’re Qanon cultists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Who-Is-John-T-Earnest-Suspect-in-Poway-Synagogue-Shooting-509166781.html%3Famp=y

“Filled with racist rants and quotes from the Bible, Earnest praises the suspects responsible for the New Zealand mosque and Pittsburgh synagogue shootings and adds they were his inspiration for the planned shooting in Poway”

Also said he was 8chan and planning to live stream it on facebook.

What is the congrats for?

My guess would be making it about Trump.

Ok…but i dont always know what poster’s snark is often about. Thanks.

1 Like

Where’s your proof that every white nationalist is a Trump supporter? Or are you making things up?

1 Like

I’m getting a little tired of these maniacs.

I’ve been warning everyone about these Qanon cultists for over a year, they’re ■■■■■■■ dangerous and 8chan should be shutdown.

https://twitter.com/bentev28/status/1122332326539579392?s=21

Yes you have. We had some good discussion about it and I learned from you, for that I thank you.

1 Like

Sounds like some fought back. I haven’t seen the lady’s name who was murdered. I pray the Lord keep her.

White Nationalism is a cancer.

2 Likes

4Chan the “we will never ban anything” kicked these dude off their servers, that is how ■■■■■■■ horrible they are.

1 Like

I will put my opinion fully understanding that I will be roundly criticised by at least one side but I feel it needs to be said.

The time has well and truly come to acknowledge that words DO MATTER and have consequences and particularly when they come from people in authority. In Australia in the past 20 years we have contested elections by vilifying and marginalising minority groups to gain political advantage. It is to Australia’s shame that those political attacks have been successful. However, in the 2019 election I sincerely hope it won’t be successful because in the aftermath of the Christchurch terrorist attack Australians should no longer accept that sort of base political tactic anymore

Vilifying and marginalising people is NOT the way to try to develop tolerance; it most certainly isn’t useful in trying to reduce such terrorist acts. It does nothing to promote cooperation with law enforcement agencies to prevent such attacks in the future. Whether the attacks are on Muslims, Jews, Christians or any other faith or those of no faith, we all need to work together to reduce as much as possible the likelihood of another attack.

I repeat words matter and they most assuredly have consequences.

I have chosen to restrict my comments specifically to an Australian context in the above. However, it is indisputable that one can extrapolate those sentiments and apply them to other countries including the country where the vast majority of posters on this forum are domiciled.

There needs to be leadership shown to eradicate hate speech no matter the source of that hate speech. This leadership should include consulting tech companies to prevent the internet being used as a platform for these despicable people and sites that foment such hatred should be shut down permanently.

1 Like

Trump said they should be condemned… after his initial statements were widely criticized.

But we have never said “I condemn”. He leaves the condemnation for others. The man has no moral authority.