Sessions and Sanders cite the Bible for law enforcement

so the government can simply lock up citizen till it determines what it feel like doing ?

They aren’t US Citizens, if they were, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

everyone within the legal jurisdiction of the US is entitled the same legal rights.

Is that danger worse than staying a country that is racked with violence?

Could it be that leaving their situation and seeking asylum is the better choice?

90% of these asylum claims are rejected as being baseless.

I can see why people in ■■■■ hole countries want to get out and come to the US but we can’t absorb the excess population of the world.

Maybe they should stay where they are and change their own countries and give their kids a better life there instead?

No, US citizens cannot be detained for being in the US illegally, illegal immigrants can.

They are not being detained for being in the U.S illegal.

Then what are they being detained for exactly? Cite your source.

Because they are unaccompanied minor putting them in the care of child services.

They are rejected as baseless because we catagorize them as baseless.

Fun Fact.

The sanctuary movement started in the 80’s in a Presbyterian Church in Tucson housing an El Salvadorian refugee who would not be allowed refugee status because to acknowledge that status would acknowledge that the US backed regime there was committing atrocities.

So they were catagorized as economic migrants.

The sanctuary movement was a church based one.

What changed?

we are starting down the slippery slope to a fascist dictatorship.

Well that’s how the law works. You make a claim of asylum and you get a hearing before an immigration judge.

If the claim is found to be baseless it is rejected and they are sent back.

As for the rest, it goes back much farther and started with the Catholic Church. Neither church should be excused for illegally trafficking in illegals.

Histrionic nonsense. We are a sovereign nation with established borders and immigration laws, they are simply being enforced for a change.

They were being enforced before the only difference is Obama didn’t remove children from their parents when they requested Asylum.

As a parent, I’m disgusted by anyone who doesn’t see separating young children from their parents and incarcerating them in detention centers as cruel. There’s a special place in hell for those ok with this.

Granted: That is not right either!

When they’re waiting for asylum they should be queued up in Tijuana or Reynosa, Mexico??
I know that seems simplistic…you have to wait outside until you’re allowed to come in.

Or maybe some kind of site where people have to wait just inside the border. Seems like we are doing that now with abandoned WalMarts. That would be fraught with issues too!

Hell even most conservative evangelical groups are denouncing this…

Because separation of children from their parents…is barbaric…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/us/trump-immigration-religion.amp.html

Yup…anyone supporting this has lost their soul.

Trump can do no wrong.

I don’t ever want to hear a “conservative” lecture me on being the party of family values. Barbaric and cruel.

1 Like