Senator Sinema kills filibuster change

The more intelligent question is why not. Are you familiar with the history behind the Senate filibuster?

Here is a little light reading for you while you ponder the issue. Once you get through the first section you can stop.

It was why Schumer gave his speech in favor of keeping the filibuster.

1 Like

Sure. It was heavily used to block civil rights bills.

Oh and the founders didn’t write about it.

How typical of you to select a couple of issues dear to your heart rather than look at the body of work over the history of the Senate. Like any rule, there will be undesirable outcomes along with the overwhelming benefit.

The founders didn’t write about the filibuster specifically, but they clearly stated their philosophy for the function of the Senate. The filibuster is a tool to carry out that philosophy.

1 Like

You said a Republican Senate should make the Democratic Party illegal. So in your dystopian world, party membership would be a crime.

How are they an existential threat to the republic? Racist vaccine distribution is going to end the country?

You no longer need a filibuster proof majority. A voting to end the filibuster majority is sufficient.

Would you support a Republican Senate ending the filibuster?

Libs wanted left-wing extremist.

Says the guy that wants to run headlong into totalitarianism.

1 Like

I would not it’s there for a reason

2 Likes

Amen.

Let them talk their heads off, tell every joke they know and sing show tunes!

Agreed. When Republicans take back the Senate, some of them will undoubtedly want to end the filibuster, arguing that if they don’t, the Democrats will. It will be interesting to see how much support they get.

Well yeah, but only for judges

They could recite the enormous bills they sign but never actually read.

6 Likes

I would support that. Within a hundred or so pages they might manage bore themselves to death by reading legalese out loud.

1 Like

Great idea!

2 Likes

3 cheers for Sinema. She and Manchin may save the Republic yet. :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Amazing.

And I bet you think we’re the authoritarians.

4 Likes

The best part is the utter obliviousness to the contradiction.

4 Likes