Senator Schumer introduces a resolution to rename the Russell Senate Office Building as the McCain Senate Office Building

It’s not just southerners. I’ve met southerners who are a lot less racist than some northerners I know.

May well be. The Junior HS I went to changed it’s name to a different figure from history the year after I graduated.

Oh, then who’s heritage were you referring to?

Geez, you’ve a low opinion of southerners.

.>
Question:
If this makes it through would President Dennison have to sign the bill?
That would be a gas.
.>>>>

Assume what you wish. You know what that will do. It will make an ass out of you.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I’ve lived everywhere man,
I’ve lived everywhere…

Democrats. Nationwide Democrats.

Well, bless your heart.

I’m only assuming that you’re from the south because you’re so desperate to not let on where you’re from.

Which makes me guess that you’re not proud of your state when it comes to civil rights.

The leader of the “conservative coalition”… He probably would’ve switched parties.

Looks like it would be a simple resolution, dealing with the Senate’s internal business, so after a quick look, I’d guess no.

Ah, the terminology you used threw me off your meaning.

Would be a hoot of Donald had to sign off on it.

I won’t bag on Southerners, for the simple reason that many of the most racist people I ever encountered, including some of my own family, were from Pennsylvania and never had a connection to the South in their life.

And the ideological descendants of Richard Russell LONG ago migrated to the Republican Party.

You have to be ******* retarded not to realize that. That is precisely why the South went so hard from blue to red in the 1980’s and 1990’s.

1 Like

I’ll go on the record as saying I am strongly in favor of this way of honoring McCain.

Oh, and I’m from GA.

It could also be that I’m from the north and I’m not proud of that state wht it comes to civil rights. For example, 2013, Brooklyn BY, a race riot broke out when 16-year-old Kimani Gray was killed by police.

:rofl:

Of course. We believe you.

…and yet, this thread - or to be fair, just one particular poster in it.

My heritage is clean - my family (Brooklyn Democrats, all) marched with Dr. King in Selma, and suffered tear gas and batons in defense of their beliefs.

Tell us about your heritage.

Brooklyn race riot 2013.