Senate trial predictions

Pretty clear in the constitution. When shall the Justice preside, when the President is tried. Anyway, that’s what this prediction thread is for, to see who is right and who isn’t.

1 Like

© They aRe fine with that.

No, what we are fine with is following the constitution. Impeachments are for Presidents not ex-Presidents. As for a lame duck being able to do anything he wants, nonsense, he can be prosecuted once he leaves office. Where ex-Presidents should be tried, in a court of law.

4 Likes

Because who care of they commit crimes at the very end of their terms. Brilliant!!!
:man_facepalming:

Yes
Yes
No - But it will be close. Thinking something along 57 vote to convict, 41 vote not to, 2 don’t vote
No -because he wont be convicted. .

Called it

Say what? Ex-Presidents are not above the law, they may be prosecuted the same place every other citizen is, in our courts.

I guess no matter how many times people point out that people have been impeached after leaving their office, this is the new talking point.

For actions while in office? That’s a question that’s never been settled in the courts.

One, which was objected to and barely squeaked by to trial and was then acquitted with many of those acquittal votes citing it was unconstitutional. Secretary of war I believe.

1 Like

Whether Trump is convicted or not will depend entirely on how serious the big companies are about keeping that sweet sweet bread from those who participated in the ridiculous stolen election lie.

All ©these Trump critics arguing that he can’t be held accountable

Again, if he is guilty of a crime, try him in court. All of these leftists, know they don’t have a valid legal case

1 Like

81 million is more than 74 million.

Or is that liberal math?

No, I don’t think a president could be tried for abuse of power after he leaves power.

Yeah, its a dark gray area at best

And you keep saying something that you know has never happened and no one’s sure if it’s even possible because it’s never reached the courts.

Which is ironic considering your position on whether something that has happened and was upheld is legal.

Guess it’s just more of your Sméagol/Gollum relationship with Trump’s impeachment.

The article of impeachment says inciting violence, not abuse of power.

But it is not, provably, technically illegal.

No need to get bent out of shape, we shall see who is right fairly soon. I do however say it’s not over until after the courts rule on it assuming it goes forward and he is convicted and barred from holding office.