Senate President: Kentucky Senate Majority calls for investigation into Bevin Pardons

Youd think but no

Very stylish. Cash for pardons is the new black.

That would open the door to prosecuting every governor and president who has pardoned, or commuted the sentences of of anyone that was a donor or for whom donations were made by others.

I’m not at all opposed to it but I seriously doubt that’s where most of them want to go.

Bevin and Trump are quite similar.

I agree. The state GOP is acting in a responsible manner.

If we could just get the GOP in Congress to do something similar.

Which Trump Donors has Trump pardoned?

I’m pretty sure Arpaio, D’Souza and Conrad Black would be on that list.

3 Likes

I said they are similar. Which is true.
Let’s see what Trump does right before he leaves office.

but the fact remain that he got big contributions from the most heinous criminals on the pardon list.

Again, it will be next to impossible to prove there was – we donate, you give a pardon.

Looks like he was just being a jerk and an ass for and a poor loser.

2 Likes

A criminal investigation is still appropriate. They might find sufficient evidence to bring charges. They might not. But it should be formally investigated at the very least.

2 Likes

Agree- it really shows a lack of conscience that he would take responsibility for releasing a murderer and child rapist. It’s one thing to pardon white collar criminals or low level drug offenders, but this…

Bevin’s election was touted by many on the right as an early sign of Trump. Bevin was literally what Trump would have been like as Governor of KY. They were two peas in a pod. And Trump supported Bevin up until Bevin lost.

KY was VERY energized against Bevin-the only question will be whether Dems can get that energized nationally behind what will inevitably be a mediocre candidate.

1 Like

You have evidence of same or is that just your opinion?

How much did each donate and when?

Trump is selling pardons?

Evidence? Links?

1 Like

There is one example in the OP article where the brother of one of the pardonees raised twenty grand for Bevin in 2018. There ain’t no ■■■■■■■ way that is coincidence.

You seem lost. The discussion you jumped into was about Trump.

You implied Trump is guilty of the same offenses.

Are you now backpeddling or is that bike just having a runaway backwards and downhill?

The the more likely “Both”.

Yes I thought you were still talking about Bevin………………