Senate President: Kentucky Senate Majority calls for investigation into Bevin Pardons

The Republican Senate Majority in Kentucky has condemned former Governor Bevins abuse of the pardon power and the Kentucky Senate Majority Leader has requested the United States Attorney for the District of Kentucky to conduct a criminal investigation into the matter including under the Hobbs Act.

While I don’t think it is possible to reverse any of the pardons, it could be possible to charge the former Governor criminally if any quid pro quo is shown.

Clearly a criminal probe is warranted in this matter.

2 Likes

Reading just a couple of the cases listed in the article, it doesn’t make sense. One example was attempting to say that because a brother hosted a fund raiser that donated $20k to Bevin’s campaign, that this was the basis behind the pardon? I can’t believe that anyone that is that far removed from doing what’s right could ever be elected governor? Tell me I’m wrong?

They should be looking to change their state laws that allows this to happen, and so should other states.

1 Like

I support the President of the United States and my country…yes…that’s correct.

Did you hug a flag today?

You see the one about the dude who cut off a womans head?

1 Like

Why? If he was paid off that’s illegal

1 Like

Did he actually say quid pro quo thought?

5 Likes

No…but I did stimulate the economy. How about you? Did you do anything of value?

He did not…just a lot of favors

I ate a bag of Cheetos and scratched my neckbeard. The 7–11 can thank me later.

5 Likes

The fact that he was paid off is not likely to undo these pardons. The point of changing the state law would be to prevent some future governor from doing the same thing. The change would be to allow some committee to review governor pardons before they go through.
I don’t think there’s much chance of undoing these.
And proving they are bribes is going to be about as easy as connecting donations by lobbyists to votes by Congressmen.

“Hosting a fundraiser” means opening your home for a party and inviting wealthy people to attend and donate and Bevin would have been a guest, this is a personal connection, based in $$$. I also read that this brother also donated money AFTER the election to help pay off Bevins campaign debt.

Or the stepfather who raped his 6 year old step daughter?

2 Likes

Wonderful actions by the gop.

2 Likes

That dude who cut off a woman head because she wouldn’t date him totally innocent

1 Like

Lets not broadbrush.

This is NOT the GOP, which in fact is calling for a criminal investigation.

The only fault and the only responsibility lie with Bevins.

2 Likes

If ti was just the one person, or one of a dozen there might be a connection. but where he pardoned 400ish people . . . it will be much harder to prove any type of payoff.

I’m having fun…relax.its mostly trumps fault anyways

1 Like

Yes, I do understand that. I also don’t doubt there are many that are warranted.