Sec of Defense: Turkey appears to be committing war crimes

@thread they hate themselves for not fighting for anything anymore, not even their own dignity.

Lolz.

who is the head of NATO.

What is the Charter of NATO?

Jared Kushner?

1 Like

From his comments last week I think he doesn’t have the stomach for a war. it’s kind of a double edged sword for me.i appreciate a commander in chief to be hesitant in committing troops but on the other side it’s part of the job. Not saying invade turkey just in general

These comments crack me up. It seems Republicans have no faith in Trump or party leadership to address the situation. Just a bunch of posts asking Democrats to “put their money where there mouth is” or elect people who will so something.

How about Trump and the Republicans grow a pair and learn to be decisive, make tough decisions and actually do something. Hasn’t happened thus far in the Trump regime, I guess they’ve begun to realize how ineffectual they are.

Nothing shows how weak the Republicans have become than the constant appeals for Democrats to do something. I’m sure it sounds like an insult coming out of their mouths. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

1 Like

Would you be OK kicking Turkey out of NATO?

Myself I really don’t like em. But what would YOU do?

Or are you just going to sit here and bitch?

Me? I’d have kicked them out in 2016.

Alright…now we have a agreement.

But what’s the position of Europeans?

I don’t care to be honest. I think there is plenty to persuade them. I think the 2016 coup and surrounding events were more than enough justification. Turkey denying the US use of airspace should have sealed the deal. These recent events show it should have happened then.

So why didn’t Obama do it?

Now personally since we had taken Iraq…I would have set up Kurdish autonomy /state…and major American military base.

Now I know you’re going to disagree with me because you won’t go against your Messiah. But since Iraq was so important to invest thousands of American lives and tens of thousand injured soldiers with trillions of dollars…we could of had a base in middle of Kurdish state.

Again personally we shouldn’t have gone into Iraq but since society thought Iraq was so important to national security.

Um keep up he already has, he told the chef for Thanksgiving that White House will be serving good old American food like McDonalds and not a bird from Erdogan’s country.

1 Like

So should US as we can not be trusted to elect competent leaders anymore.

Ok that excludes the US form NATO now for sure.

I would have applauded if Obama pushed for Turkey to be removed during his administration. He should have. Hindsight makes that even more evident. Turkey’s slide has been decades in the making, it’s only now more apparent.

I would also have approved of a formal Kurdistan at any point. The 2005 Iraq constitution gave the Kurds a fairly autonomous region which I can only guess at the time seemed sufficient. Things didn’t work well and the Iraqi Kurds announced but then continuously delayed an independence referendum which ultimately never happened. I again can only guess the US felt they were working on their independence and didn’t intervene.

All that being said, unless a Kurdistan included portions of Kurd populated Turkey and Syria, there would likely still be some tensions. A northern Iraq Kurdistan would be better than nothing though.

Its adorable how clueless this is.

The election of Barack Obama proves that!

Well, it certainly won’t be in 2020, no matter who wins.

As well as 2016.

It’s amazing how the Trump haters can’t figure that out.