Schools are opening

Any of these kids living with people who are immuno compromised? Any teachers? School administration? Janitors? Cafeteria workers? Groundskeepers? Security? Bus drivers?

Good luck to you. We’ll be fine. :hugs:

we can just ignore the strokes, lung scaring, long term heart damage, and neurological issues that come with not dying from covid.

3 Likes

Trump talks out his ass. A lot.

Opening a school in Paulding County, Georgia has nothing to do with him.

There are 3,141 counties in the US. He doesn’t run any of them.

In the 2002 census, there were 13,506 school districts in the US. He doesn’t run any of them.

Your dog ain’t huntin’.

3 Likes

The horror of a school…having basic rules to ensure the safety of it’s students

1 Like

That may very well be true. Doesn’t change a thing. I never consulted Presidential Twits for child rearing advice, you?

3 Likes

He’s our Shepard and we shall follow or die trying… :sheep:

But he did threaten to pull their funding unless they reopened in-person clasess

It did here. Schools are now dealing with parents who are saying ■■■■ you, I’m homeschooling.

Enrollment is going to be interesting this year.

1 Like

No need to project, I’m fine with earning more capital this year via homeschooling, though truth be told I’d rather be out on my paramotor.

That being said, schools are opening, get over it. :hugs:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1280853299600789505

Is this a threat or is he thinking out loud, we will never know. He speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

1 Like

Excellent. This will make them think twice.

Ok, that’s their decision. The Expert told them they could open up.

Here’s the guidance:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/schools.html

Teach and reinforce use of cloth face coverings. Face coverings may be challenging for students (especially younger students) to wear in all-day settings such as school. Face coverings should be worn by staff and students (particularly older students) as feasible, and are most essential in times when physical distancing is difficult.

Now obviously they aren’t doing this one. Need to work on it. It isn’t mandatory though and in the hallway picture, it would be better, but who knows how much better? Like a protest.

Do we know what other measures they have taken?

Good riddance. No need to have them infecting everyone else. That way everyone wins

He’s talking out his ass. Why won’t we ever know?

Knowing the liberal school board here, no it won’t. :rofl:

1 Like

How? How is he going to “pull their funding”?

Like giving immigrants a path to citizenship and having a health plan?

Touche lol

But good on the parents for taking the initiative. These dinosaur institutions need a serious overhaul one way or another.

Nice attitude. You aren’t the one who is going to have keep masks on those kids all damn day.

There will be less teaching time and more mask reminding going on. Plus yelling, lots of yelling as you try to understand what a child is trying to say behind the mask.