Schools are opening

A friend who lives in a suburb of Atlanta sent this to me. This is the first day of school in Paulding County, Georgia.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? How can a school system put all these kids and their families in danger? Wait a few weeks and we’ll have brand new “embers” to put out.

“It is what it is.”

7 Likes

The same ©people who think this is a good idea also contend that the recent spikes are attributed to outdoor crowds. How are large crowds indoors better?

3 Likes

They didn’t go to the inauguration so…

8 Likes

Fantastic news! It’s about damn time.

5 Likes

Didn’t go well in Israel

Israel’s advice for other countries?

“They definitely should not do what we have done,” said Eli Waxman, a professor at the Weizmann Institute of Science and chairman of the team advising Israel’s National Security Council on the pandemic. “It was a major failure.”

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. That’s Israel, we’re the United States where we have all the best testing, less cases and smart people. Surely this will not happen here. However, if kids, faculty/staff and parents get sick and maybe even die, it is what it is…

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1290488364362170371

Remember, folks.

Trump is NOT responsible for any of this.

4 Likes

I want a Covid test just looking at the photo.

2 Likes

I’ll blame the governors if anything goes wrong.

Especially the DEMOCRAT ones. And the Republican ones who didn’t attend my inauguration. So I don’t know them. But many people agree I’ve done more for COVID than anyone.

(disclaimer - this is sarcasm. I’m not actually Trump. I know this can be confusing because it sounds exactly like him)

2 Likes

We shoot the sick, the young, the lame,
We do our best to maim,
Because the kills all count the same,
Covid sticks to kids.

I probably am going to hell for that one. :smile:

4 Likes

You think Trump made this decision? Trump can’t open a single school.

14 hours ago.

2 Likes

How is that not eventually going to be evidence of criminal negligence? Between this, the lack of testing, refusal to wear a mask and the effort discourage mail-in voting it’s almost as if he’s trying for a high body count.

3 Likes

All is good.

3 Likes

This is the kind of thing that gets a thread sent to TTS for TDS.

Exactly. He’s not responsible for ANY of this.

Well I’ve been told by Trump that he is the only one I can trust. Everything else is fake news. So I should probably just follow his directives:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1290488364362170371

Paulding offers virtual learning for high school and has for 4 years.

They offer it for all grades. They’re called “Paulding Virtual Academies” or PVAs.

In my area, ultimately its the school district that decides. But they base their decision on the county health officials, who use guidance from the CDC.
At nowhere in their reasoning did the school superintendent quote a tweet from the President.
These are professionals…not rah rah rah political supporters.
For now, the schools will be virtual, with reopening coming if the guidelines are met later on.

2 Likes