Sandy Hook Families Can Sue Gun Maker for Shooting

What a country!

Thank you SCOTUS, for making the right decision. :clap:

For what?

Some of the ads in question.

You think you’re joking, but this wouldn’t surprise me.

Making the correct call.

Allan

I Am a SCOTUS man. I accept all their rulings, the good with the bad.

I suggest that all who think this is not the correct call, to try and fix the law that allows the lawsuit to proceed.

Allan

1 Like

I think this is great because it will allow the gun manufacturers to demonstrate that a fairly selected jury, none of whom are dependent. on the gun lobby for campaign contributions, agree with the proposition that the path to safety is the proliferation of more guns.

Given such a compelling argument, what could go wrong?

How is this “the correct call”?

How much does the “gun lobby” buy politicians for?

This isn’t the law that needs to be changed.

There’s a problem there in this case.

In this case, it the marketing they are finding issue with.

If a beer company marketed the beer as a great thing to drink before racing your car around the city, then you would have a fair comparison.

1 Like

Do they run ads suggesting beer and driving are good together?

Auto ads that show fast driving always contain a disclaimer that this was filmed on a closed course, and with professional drivers.

In this case, the marketing is irrelevant.

The only people who try that dumb video game stuff are people eager to shift the focus off of guns.

They put the beer logo on the car

Did Remington suggest shooting kids is good?

Says you.

I haven’t seen the ads, so i have no opinion. I think it’s hard argument to win. Those weapons are legal, and are clearly built to be appealing because of their military edge, so advertising that association seems in bounds to me.

but we won’t be on the jury.

No, not “says you”, says logic.

This isn’t about justice, it’s a simple lashing out like children at what they think are deep pockets.

The ads are posted above.