Sandy Hook Families Can Sue Gun Maker for Shooting

Blacks have been counted as part of “The People” since the passage of the 14th Amendment.

The whole tobacco thing was nothing but a shakedown but yes and they were actually marketing to kids.

So, for the first 100+ years after our founding, the 2nd did not apply to blacks…

The 14th was passed and ratified less than 100 years after the ratification of our constitution.

Try again.

No … it didn’t apply to slaves. Free blacks were full rights citizens.

And it was 74 years.

Why are you trying to make a point out of that anyway? It has zero relevance to this discussion.

No dispute, they weren’t included. A travesty.

Judge threw out the verdict.

Imagine that.

Thanks. The tobacco companies were on the hook, in part, for marketing to people who couldn’t legally buy the product.

They agreed not to. What got them in trouble was lying about the effects and addiction.

If they were freemen (and there were many) they were.

I hate those ads. What a pretentious ass he is.

I agree. Their quality has slipped considerably since I bought my first Remington in 1963.

Not to mention that he didn’t buy the gun that he used. He stole it from his mother’s gun safe … after killing her. I rather doubt that Remington suggested doing that in their ads.

Those are product design/function defect suits. I don’t think anyone involved in this case is claiming that the design and/or functionality of the Bshmaster is defective and thus lead to deaths and injuries.

Oh, so touting a rifle’s reliability is now grounds for a lawsuit?

What’s next? Suing Toyota because their products are so reliable, they cause more global warming because they aren’t in the shop so much?

Wacky.

1 Like

Did you read what I wrote? Here, let me help you.

“I think they will have a hard time finding Remington guilty”

If one were to suppose I didn’t think they have much of a case, they would be correct. I then went on to point out how juries sometimes do surprising things in extremely emotionally charged cases like this and how the prosecution is going to play on those emotions to the umpteenth degree and that it just might work. Nowhere did I say I thought it was the right thing to happen. Sheesh.

Supreme Court denies… allows suit to go forward…

1 Like

I would love to be on that jury.