San Franpoopfull...Mayor won't stop people using street as toilet

They’re not. I agree with you. My comment about punishment was referring to fining them or putting them in jail. I did not make than clear in my reply to you.

2 Likes

Finland has had great success with how they handle the homeless. What can the UK learn from how Finland solved homelessness? | Housing Network | The Guardian
I suppose the equivalent here would be mental institutions

As more and more stop visiting or having conventions, maybe the lack of dollars will wake up some of the politicians. One recent medical conference cancellation cost them 40 million Big Convention Pulls Out Of San Francisco, Citing Unsafe Streets - CBS San Francisco

1 Like

Anything would be a definite improvement over how we currently deal with homeless. That said, I wonder how applicable Finland’s solution truly is to the rest of the world since they have an eight month homeless deterrent known as winter. A lot of street homeless either die off in the cold or migrate to warmer climes.

16,000 free homes.
There are over half a million reported homeless in the US.

If there was one homeless person 30 years ago, that’s equivalent to current record homelessness in Cal these days. Lib logic…