San Franpoopfull...Mayor won't stop people using street as toilet

Human excreta and the lack of adequate personal and domestic hygiene have been implicated in the transmission of many infectious diseases including cholera, typhoid, hepatitis, polio, cryptosporidiosis, ascariasis, and schistosomiasis. http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/iwachap5.pdf

They shouldn’t be kicking this can down the road. They need to find the funds to open shelters, provide mental health, addiction counseling and education - reintroducing them to working. I cannot believe they would not be able to find the funds to do this.

Anyone living streets should be arrested if there are shelters but they choose not to go. I say this from the perspective that the general public should be protected from health hazards such as dirty needles and air born transmission of human waste.

When people start getting sick and the diseases start spreading, I guarantee somehow the problem will be solved and solved quickly. By then it will cost much more than the cost of prevention.

Ronen acknowledges that finding the money to provide 1,000 additional beds for the homeless may very well take years. The city is planning on opening three new Navigation Centers for homeless people by the summer, but two centers will also be closing. Survey of Downtown San Francisco Reveals Trash on Every Block, 303 Piles of Feces and 100 Drug Needles – NBC Bay Area

1 Like

Yes… because disease is very dangerous. See history. It was progressives making all the health laws 100 years ago with good reason. It’s science. Also, why do the rest of us have to pay to camp outside and they don’t?

1 Like

Should have seen it when Dianne Feinstein was mayor. Clean and beautiful…before the homeless problem exploded.

That would be one way to solve the homeless problem.

1 Like

It’s been so long, like 20 years ago, that I visited. Loved those barking sea lions at Pier 39 and the city’s Russian influence, from churches to vendors selling Matryoshka dolls, & the parks & Asian art museums.

How sad to see it has declined so since then.

How about bringing back mental institutions for those incapable of caring for themelves & a detriment to others?

‘Better educate the homeless’ Thank you to oddly named London Breed for my day’s first :laughing:

Is she going to offer them a free course on why you shouldn’t shoot up? Or, better yet, find the. Poop video on YouTube that shows three year olds singing & demonstrating,

“I know what to do when I have got to poo”

That a majority of SF residents elected this woman blows my mind.:exploding_head:

That was 30 years ago. there were always homeless in SF. A population explosion later there just more.

Your post is deceptive.

How would you know if you’re only shown a slice with no context.

Put a toilet on every corner across the Starbucks…

Sure. I don’t disgree that homelessness is a problem, but punishment is not going to solve the issue.

How are mental institutions for those who are severely ill as to be out of touch with reality and most likely unable to care for themselves punishment?

Thats what I asked earlier.

Homeless females will be raped many times every single year, often many times a month, by other homeless males yet somehow many think its more humane for them to have their freedom than to be institutionalized where they will be safe and fed.

Well over half these people are severely mentally ill and then drug / alcohol addicted as they self medicate to try and deal with their illness. They will not magically get better one day and get a job, they will just continue to suffer in their illness and addiction until they die.

I fully believe its far more humane to take their freedom and give them a safe place to live and three meals a day in an institution then let them suffer in filth, violence, and hunger on the streets.

Most will never get better in an institution, you can’t force sanity, but at least they will be safe. And a small few when on meds and with their addictions under control might actually get well enough to be useful members of society again.

2 Likes

… or homeless.

Might not be mutually exclusive.

You are right. Living in San Francisco in a house you own may require one to be a multi-millionaire. :wink:

Your wiki is open.

Libdom.

Libs here live like that and expect the rest of us to live that way too. Filthy people. I know libs who like to cook … I won’t eat anything they make. Good lord, the filth and the lack of standards!

Thanks. That is the most ridiculous means of implementing an edit function I have ever seen. :neutral_face: