San Francisco proposes to force retailers to operate at a loss

Since California effectively legalized shoplifting, retailers have left the state in droves. San Francisco progressives now want to force retailers to give a 6-month notice, find a replacement business to fill the vacancy, and operate at a loss until they do so. I wonder how long it will take for the Biden administration to adopt a similar policy on a national level?

1 Like

Leftism - ideas so good, you have to force them on everyone else! :rofl:

10 Likes

Sounds like Communism to me.

It has to be unconstitutional.

4 Likes

Is there anything leftists aren’t ready willing and able to destroy?

6 Likes

Nothing like holding a gun to someone’s head to maintain morale and improve work quality.

4 Likes

How’s that even legal ?

4 Likes

I doubt it is.

2 Likes

That’s dumb.
It’s there job to make their neighborhoods appealing to commerce. Not to force private companies to serve their constituents.

2 Likes

Has San Fran become golds gym.

Another thing to show the hypocritical and fascist nature of today’s libism!

4 Likes

And then, of course, Calif is pushing the idea of taxing people and companies that leave the state. An exit tax of sorts. People say, “If you don’t like it, then leave…” But now Calif wants to penalize you for leaving. One last spear-thrust before you can escape.

The Democrats that own California would have to admit that progressive policies are failing to fix this, but they won’t. As far as I’m concerned, Californians love these policies, or they wouldn’t keep voting the fringe left into power. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if a ballot proposition passed that called for the construction of a wall to keep residents from leaving.

Doesn’t matter for them. They’re the party of authoritarians.

4 Likes

Let’s be honest. San Fran, San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, and other similarly sized cities put those nut cases in power.

The rural parts are the state are far more sensible.

5 Likes

Fun fact - in 2020, California had more Trump voters than any other state. Look it up.

1 Like

That’s true. The rural areas will never have any kind of representation in that state.

1 Like

And they’re only 1/3 of voters.

Still noteworthy. Like one could say - California is home to the largest community of Trump supporters in the country - and be correct.

Here is a picture of how this looks. The store operates at a loss, thus being unable to fully restock. Over time the shelves become barer and barer, until it is just a shell, with nothing left to sell.

2 Likes

From the link:

Last year, a Whole Foods location in San Francisco closed a little more than one year after it opened. Records indicated that the Market Street location was the scene of 568 emergency calls in a 13-month period due to incidents such as vagrants throwing food, yelling, fighting and attempting to defecate on the floor, according to the New York Times. At least 14 arrests were made at the location.

The libs vision for the American People (or should I say pee-ons)!

3 Likes