San Francisco proposes to force retailers to operate at a loss

The dollar threshold for felon shoplifting in Texas is almost triple what it is in California.

They are no longer hiding the fact they are fascist. They believe the fix is in and that they will never lose power again.

3 Likes

Difference being that shoplifting is usually prosecuted in Texas, while California prefers to go after retailers.

3 Likes

You have no evidence to back that claim up.

Texas felony threshold for shoplifting is $2500
California’s threshold for felony shoplifting is $950

Sure I do. There’s no mass exodus of retailers, pharmacies, and grocery stores when compared to the California standard. Cali progressives choose to be economic illiterates and don’t believe in law enforcement, which is why they’re crafting legislation to force businesses to run at a loss.

4 Likes

Morale will be improved! No matter how many people have to get shot in the head over it.

We don’t just prosecute felonies here in Texas.

3 Likes

With no prosecution for $949 and below. Here in Texas we prosecute damn near everything. You can’t wrack up repeated minor shoplifting offenses here without a judge deciding to get your attention.

5 Likes

They had a state rep one time ask why not pass a law prohibitting people from leaving. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Everyone is leaving because of the Calitranny ■■■■ hole’s self-inflicted wounds… bUt LoOk aT TeXAs!!1! :rofl:

2 Likes

But they told us crime is down…

I’m so confused!

5 Likes

I sincerely wonder if we aren’t headed toward a dynamic in America where places like California and New York aren’t just nothing but kook fringe leftists because all the common sense conservatives have escaped…

5 Likes

I hope so! Put all those retards in a zoo for passerby’s to point at and take pics on their way past. :rofl:

2 Likes

No point in reading the whole article…

The rule wouldn’t preclude closures due to a store being unprofitable.

Of course, suppose a grocery store is foolish enough to open in San Francisco. In that case, the owner must evaluate whether or not they can handle the huge loss in shoplifting and any potential penalty for failing to comply with this rule.

Just open somewhere business-friendly.

Exactly, the stores will still close and the rule will discourage any rational corporate management from seeking to replace the store that leaves. But I can predict the solution that California will come up with, massive taxpayer subsidizes to cover the shrink losses.

Here in Colorado they have reintroduced wolves, and ranchers were concerned that wolves would kill their livestock. Solution: A fund to reimburse ranchers who lost livestock to wolves. (And those incidences have started happening.)

You’re right that Calif might institute the same for losses from their own “wolves”.

1 Like

The two legged urban wolves will continue to lurk the streets and stores and liberal government will spend funds that should have went to wolf management on anything but managing the problem.

I don’t know.

Seems like they are using the model adopted by Texas.

The government isn’t enforcing anything.

They allow the public to pursue civil compensation via the courts.

WW

It’s absolutely down if you refuse to prosecute it. We all know that’s epidemic in blue areas.

This is a silly point.

Crime stats are simply reporting on the crimes themselves. They have nothing to do with whether or not they were prosecuted. That would be a different data set.