San Bernardino says no to wind and solar plants

The three closest power plants near me. Ugliness is subjective, but since you mentioned it:

f4371e27b0e2ea36c92c279936ecb9eeb1393d66

I’d rather not have any of them near me, but if I had to choose one to see every day, the choice is obvious.

does your choice provide the most efficient power?

will all new power plants look like those you pictured?

which ones will have the least ecological impact?

The nuclear plant that’s the 4th closest and not pictured is the most efficient. Even if I wanted another one, nobody else does.

Is there some regulation that forces the coal and gas plants to be prettier? Do I have any reason to believe these aren’t the typical look?

I don’t really care about birds running into Wind Turbines. They’re just birds.

4th closest?

yes new plants are built with smaller footprints and with less ecological impact. see “AP1000”

higher energy density than solar/wind/hamster wheels.

note no monstrous cooling towers

plus they are much safer. safety systems are passive in the event of a power loss

nuke is the best option.

when the lunatic left realizes this we’ll solve a lot of problems at once

How many acres is a typical power plant? What’s an average for solar/wind?

The right can lead the way by cutting regulation and building a whole lot of nuclear plants in conservative areas right now. There shouldn’t be much resistance or NIMBYism to worry about if you just put them where the lunatic left doesn’t live.

the problem is, power is needed where the left is because of leftist lunacy keeping away power plants

The number of people affected is more important than the number of acres it takes when dealing with people who don’t want to live near it.

100 farmers complaining about a 1000 acre wind farm vs 1000 suburban residents complaining about a 20 acre coal plant should still work out in favor of the wind farm.

Yeah who cares about farmers. Suburban residents are obviously much better people.

Simple majority rules? Ok.

The only nuclear we should be building is plants that use nuclear waste, which we have enough of to power the entire country for quite a long time.

No, it’s just simple math.

Yeah, if only farmers opened all their land for people to live on it.

What does that have to do with the fact that farmers don’t have as much of a say because there’s not as many of them?

So the land they occupy and utilize is less important than suburbanites?

Yet you failed to mention that they are already a major solar energy producer. Funny that.

As far voting power is concerned, absolutely. Land doesn’t vote, people do.

So simple majority rules. Cool.

Yes, it’s the American way. Why do you think a minority should get that decision?

So a minority has no say at all. Cool.

No, they still have a say, their voice just isn’t as loud. Why do you think the majority should have more power than the majority?