San Bernardino says no to wind and solar plants

I hear the boom of when liberalism collides with reality. :sunglasses:

…and Smyrna says bam!

More likely the impetus, yes.

Do you mean anywhere birds fly?

As if they are more willing for a coal fired or nuclear plant?

What is the comparison here?

Also, BTW…

San Bernardino is 20,105 square mile, or almost 13 millions acres; your article is talking about only 1 million acres of land they want to protect, or less than 7% of the county…,

Talk about fake news…

Nuclear energy is actually a good choice. Just don’t put them in earthquake areas, but they put out a lot of energy and zero emissions.

I read this

While the power of nuclear energy should not be underestimated, it might actually be safer than solar energy . … It would take around 45 square miles of solar photovoltaic panels to be able to produce the same amount of electricity that a single, multi-reactor nuclear power plant could produce.

Go on, tell me how much I should love my local plant, San Onofre. It’s not so simple for me anymore…

You are also welcome to tell me where the non earthquake areas in San Bernardino county are (or any of California TBH). FYI…SB is San Andreas land.

The point is people don’t want industrial zoned property in sensitive areas, I don’t see a story about only 7% of land in the county being protected as all that noteworthy.

You didn’t read a thing he posted, did you.

I’m not sure I am just looking at cost effectiveness- as well as energy output with zero emmisons.

I am not saying there is no risk.

I was looking at this source which I can’t say if it valid or not and getting sleepy :sleeping: Better go to bed just took an ambien and don’t want to take a chance of pulling and unconscious Roseanne Barr on Twitter. :slight_smile: jk will read reply tomorrow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theinfographicsshow.com/nuclear-energy-vs-solar-energy-better-energy-source-comparison/amp/

While the power of nuclear energy should not be underestimated, it might actually be safer than solar energy. Based off of recent findings, solar energy appears to have a death rate of 0.44 deaths per terawatt hour. Nuclear energy appears to have a death rate of only 0.04 deaths per terawatt hour.

The article California’s San Bernardino County slams the brakes on big solar projects, dated February 28, 2019?

The one about Renewable Energy Policy 4.10, protecting California Highway 247, which runs from Yucca Valley to Barstow, designating it as a state scenic highway? Representing less than 10% of the county?

Why yes I did, did you?

Oh I see now… where not only the goal posts were moved… but put on a freaking merry-go-round… :rofl:

Sorry Samm, a napkin math post stating that because 7% of the land was deemed scenic and sensitive, the other 93% of the county land just must be “unusable” because uh… maybe topography! … and that means the county still banned it on the 100%! … doesn’t cut it.

1 Like

Oh, and let’s just ignore the existing farms to pretend this is an actual issue.

Including the Ivanpah… the worlds second largest thermal Solar Plant, which is fascinating to see (flying into OC airports the most)…

http://www.brightsourceenergy.com/ivanpah-solar-project

Or traditional plants like Blue Oak and Cascade:

https://www.blueoakenergy.com/solar-portfolio/san-bernardino-solar-farm

1 Like

You missed the post were I go through all the other area’s they won’t be able to build them in the county.

Rural living zones
National forrests
National parks
BLM land
land that is water
land that is unsitible due to terrain
Wilderness area’s

The list of available land probably isn’t that much so taking out 1 million acres of private land is a big deal.

Our planet is doomed, and a certain amount of the population is going to laugh at every failure to try to fix it.

1 Like

You and ol’ Ted Kennedy don’t want windmills spoiling those amazing views.

Exactly - liberals supposedly want to be “green” but only if it’s not uglying up any areas they like. They’re happy to take someone else’s land and appropriate it for renewable energy though.

why is our planet doomed?

the upshot of this idiotic destructive new green deal will be farms and private property lands will be most affected. there will be more pollution and expensive disasters that don’t work or barely do, and this will drive up the cost of everything

just like with say, biofuels.

leftism is sheer lunacy

Republicans want to remove all environmental policies.

I look forward to being able to legally dump barrels of used oil in lakes and rivers.

umkay

but i dont think Republicans want that