Salvation Army Publishes Racism Guide encouraging White culture to not be Colorblind

I understand all that, something still prompted them to adopt it.

This specific “guide” teaches that whiteness is a sin and that the very culture of the United States is sinful.

Shared it with the wife, who gave me a lecture about how I have been upset for a year. Why would the last year and a half upset anyone.

yup same here

As Sneaky @WuWei has pointed out many times, CRT is based on Marxist critical theory. The purpose of critical theory is to sow division within a society in order to ignite the violent revolution that Marx believed was the only way to achieve communism.

Class warfare, as a divider, was not successful in the US. Marxist sympathizers in our higher education system substituted race for class as the focal point for the division. They succeeded in enshrining it through the universities and now are active in spreading it through every facet of our society.

3 Likes

they were what i considered essentially the last decent charity, where leaders in their org dont have gigantic houses and bmw’s

they are typically associated with churches, selfless works, humility… (not many “charities” stand out in the cold ringing bells for spare change)

but like the insidious virus it is, leftism is infecting their org with ridiculous “woke” ■■■■■■■■■■

this cant be pleasing many who value them. they need to fix this or they will suffer

2 Likes

The failure of the proletariat to rise up - so they needed a new proletariat.

The culture issue - they determined they need to do further work to prep the battle space. Create the conditions.

In the case of CRT specifically - the fear of losing “the heady advances of the civil rights era”, namely affirmative action. They were losing momentum in the 80s. For some reason, there is a major fear of being required to compete on merit or objective data.

Maybe it’s a fear of loss of power out of proportion to share of population in a “democracy”. Maybe they recognize (or suspect) that these programs have actually held them back and they can’t compete and win without them.

I suspect it is a combination of these reasons.

1 Like

What is even more troubling about this is that it includes Marxist Liberation Theology in the attempt to sell this. Liberation Theology was targeted at the church because the church stood against atheist communism. It was a method used to infiltrate and subvert churches of all denominations. Here it is being used to claim CRT, instead of class struggle, is biblical.

Then I’ll take that over being someone the Woke can tolerate.

Marxist racism (aka Critical Race Theory) is what the Woke do, Marxist racist are what the Woke are.

They were a respected center of influence with broad appeal for their charitable works. That status made them a priority target for infiltration and subversion.

The idea is to create an appeal to authority in addition to indoctrinating the membership. The damage to the good works and reputation of the organization is irrelevant because the end justifies the means.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear of your misfortune and glad everyone got out ok.

So you guys are mad that a christian based charity organization is encouraging people not to be racist?

1 Like

I do think we should send a thank you note, and maybe a fruit basket, to the Salvation Army Social Justice commission. They have provided a one stop primer on just what CRT and Liberation Theology look like and stand for.

1 Like

lol. “not to be racist”

in case you didnt notice (and you wouldnt care or believe it if you did) they are already “not racist”

but that’s not enough for the maniac left. they have to keep going and be racist against whites

2 Likes

I was trying to investigate where this came from and it appears to come out of a division of the Salvation Army called; Salvation Army International Social Justice Commission and they’re based in NYC (shocker). Now this booklet is being exposed and some donors have decided to reallocate their donations. Here’s the response from with in ;

In a response to Newsweek, Salvation Army’s external communications manager Joseph Cohen clarified that the new guide hasn’t replaced the charity’s core beliefs.

“Our beliefs have always been rooted in scripture, and they still are. That includes our complete rejection of racism, which is in stark contrast to the biblical principle that we’re all created in the image of God. We believe that, as God loves us all, so we should all love one another,” Cohen told the publication.

“But these voluntary discussion guides certainly are not required, and they never take the place of our Positional Statements,” Cohen continued. “For us, the Truth in scripture is always supreme.”

they need to do better than this

the left is already inflicting their usual destruction. they have a problem on their hands. they cant have it both ways

I encourage all to study this “guide,” then know its authors, advocates and apologists by their works.

Thank you :heart:

Rings hollow after seeing that they left whites off the list of people who have racism directed at them.

2 Likes

…which I’d label as the very definition of “woke”.

1 Like