Russian lawyer charged with obstruction

CNN and NBC News are reporting that Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met in Trump Tower with Donald Trump Jr. and others in June 2016 promising dirt on Hillary Clinton, has been charged with obstruction of justice. The charge is not connected to the meeting, but a money-laundering case. She allegedly concealed from the court information that she had participated in drafting what was supposed to be independent investigative findings but was actually in secret cooperation with a senior Russian prosecutor.

The significance here are her ties to the Russian government, which were closer than she made known previously. NBC, however, had reported on her close ties last year.

You’ll find the indictment papers in the second link.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s not good.

NYSD again. Hmmm…I wonder what she knows and how much she doesn’t want to go to jail. We’ll see.

That’s the thing here. She’s closer to the Russian government than she’d let on. If that’s the case, what was she doing at the Trump tower meeting? I think we can guess, but this does open that question up.

3 Likes

maybe she was there talking to Trump’s kids about Russian kids who need parents.

1 Like

Maybe trump will pardon her.

Allan

2 Likes

Everything is related.

Adoptions means Magnitsky act. This case is related to the Magnitsky act. The Magnitsky act is sanctions imposed on the Russians. This case is about money laundering… through luxury apartments in New York.

You. Tell. Me.

1 Like

What we she doing at the Trump Tower meeting? You’re joking…

Trump’s defenders will say this indictment has nothing to do with Trump. What it does do, however, is refute Trump’s defenders’ claim that Veselnitskaya was not an agent of the Kremlin oligarchs.

The accusation that she was involved with Russians laundering money through buying real estate… might be interesting if one were a suspicious type.

Sarcasm.

Definitely.

You left out the part about her working with and meeting glenn simpson before and after the trump tower meeting.

If it’s what you say it is, I love it.

1 Like

Because it is irrelevant. It is a deflection designed to muddy the waters. Being informed is powerful.

2 Likes

Ignoring the parts you don’t want to have to deal with is powerful.

It is not ignoring it. It is being informed on it, and understanding that it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. It is a weak deflection, nothing more. And yes, it is powerful to be informed enough to understand this reality.

Wonder who ‘Real Estate Company - 1’ is…

Two guesses …

2 Likes

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? That she told simpson about the pee-pee tapes?

2 Likes
  1. Hillary’s Emails Inc.

2. No Collusion Incorporated.

1 Like

The David Dennison Organization.

…a Division of Small Hands Limited.

5 Likes