Russia missile sale to Syria is 'significant escalation': U.S.' Bolton

“Russia said on Monday it will supply the surface-to-air missile system to Syria in two weeks against strong Israeli objections, a week after Moscow blamed Israel for indirectly causing the downing of a Russian military plane in Syria.”

Bolton also said if Syria used chemical weapons again we’d come down on them hard.

lib clowns might get their shooting war with russia after all.

Fingers crossed!

It’s a good thing we have a strong leader right now. I trust Trump.

Putin sure don’t like Trump… Did very under Ol’Flexible…

So is it the S-400?

If it is that is not good news. Those things are absolutely lethal. And in certain situations they can engage stealth aircraft. A lot of things have to go right for that happen but if the Russians are to be believed it is possible.

Story says S-300.

That’s not as bad but still not good for coalition and Israeli air forces. It’s a tried and true platform.

Poor Bolton, wants to be tough on Russia but his boss won’t let him do much more than opine.

More expensive toys for US and the Israelis to blow up.

We and the Israelis both can destroy any of their ADA systems including the systems the Russians are providing to protect their long range ADA systems.

I’m just glad they finally figured out the Russians are the bad guys.

The rest is just histrionic nonsense.

There has been S-400 missiles in Syria since 2015.

Which goes to show how ineffective they can be.

Depends on how you define effective. Has it shot anybody down no. Does it deny us some airspace or require us to request permission to into some airspace for most of our aircraft yes. Could we take them out and fly were wanted (assuming no DCA by the Russians) yes but at what cost?

The Israelis have suffered no losses in taking them out and we’re even better equipped to do so than they are.

The “cost” would be letting them know we can have complete air superiority anytime we want it which would change the entire strategic equation as well as the eventual political outcome.

The SA400 is specifically designed to defend against high level bombing attacks and formations, not stealty low level fast movers which is why they have a separate batter to defend them which has proven to be rather easily defeated.

Defeat one and kill both.

Bolton lives in perpetual fear that not nearly enough people are dying violently in the world.

1 Like

Well that has no basis in fact.

Providing the Syrians modern AA systems that are capable of distinguishing friend or foe that apparently their current system lacks would appear to limit the potential for such accidents as the one that occurred.

Dude I have only flown fighters for 30 years and now retired but been flying in Syria for last year as a contractor. Give me some credit. I know exactly what I am talking about

I would not be surprised if wildwrong is along sometime to tell you are wrong and he knows more and is never wrong.

1 Like