Rush Limbaugh passed away

Part of me I hated him, part of me was okay, part of me wanted to have a discussion withhim. My mother liked him and is going to miss him. I was hoping he’d beat the cancer. I stand what I said months ago: I don’t want anyone to get cancer.

1 Like

Pretty amazing how Rush’s ratings held up over the years too.

I think he has been #1 listened to radio station during daytime for a long awhile now.

People on the news reports last night were also crediting Mr. Limbaugh with saving AM radio.

Yeah they said he usually had 21 million listeners per day which is incredible.

He was the king of talk radio and will be sorely missed.

I knew when his wife came on and started talking yesterday morning that he had passed even before she said it.

First time i had ever heard her on the radio.

Very sad. I started listening to him, when i had an opportunity, about 1990 i think.

Jay Diamond and Rush Limbaugh got me addicted to talk radio in the mid 80’s.

Him, Lynn Samuels, Joy Behar, Bob Grant…
Later Steve Malzburg, Hannity and others…I’d listen all day.

That’s how I found and became a member of the WABC forum which became this forum.

I rarely agreed but he could be funny, especially in the beginning.
And we shared a birthday.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

RIP Rush

2 Likes

Condolences to his family. The Right has lost a significant voice.

2 Likes

Rush will be missed.

1 Like

I never heard that. I’m sure it was awesome.

He used to crack me up with the Femi-Natzi rants.

1 Like

I liked the way he referred to Dan Rather as Dan Blather.

He had a way with the nicknames. :grin: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

It’s an old skit from UHF. He’d play it from the main broadcast station, and my local station would let a lot of those parodies roll because they had their own commercial timeslots. It’s mindless, but always gave me a chuckle.

1 Like

It may be before your “listening” time but…

My fav was the roadkill guy!

He’d call in about the animals he would find killed on the highways/roads…and how he would scoop them up,take 'em home and cook them.

Being from a hunting family and NOT a great cook…I really enjoyed his recipes and his stories

My Momma…? God REST her soul…

Could gut, skin and cook the ■■■■ out of a rabbit, possum or racoon!

Birds too.

Sorry…
I’m old, drunk and reminiscing…

I tend to do that when folks die.

Funny. I never heard him play it. :grin:

That came from the Weird Al movie UHF.

I believe Weird Al wanted Rush to stop using it, but he didn’t have the rights to decide who got to use it and who didn’t as long as they paid royalties, which Rush always did.

Interesting that as long as you pay royalties, you don’t have to give on air credits.

I missed that post…thanks for linking.