Rush Limbaugh passed away

RIP Rush. :cry:

When he went the last 2 weeks with guest hosts, I began to have a bad feeling that he was not doing well - still, it was a shock.
What he did for talk radio cannot be underestimated. A great and unique talent that, I am afraid, cannot be replaced. With all due respect to other talk hosts, I can think of a few people who could replace them if need be, but I canā€™t think of one person who could bring to talk radio what Rush did.

3 Likes

Rush is irreplaceable. Again no offense to other talk radio hosts.

This is sad news. RIP Rush.

I wish him peace, and comfort to his family.

Prayers for his family. Although I was expecting to hear this news at some point due to his diagnosis, it is still a shock to see it.

1 Like

Mercyā€¦Sad to hearā€¦One of a kind & the best!

I just lost my brother to lung cancer a few months ago. A terrible way to go. While I havenā€™t listened to Rush for years, I do credit him with introducing me to politics back in the 80ā€™s when he was just getting started. He will be sorely missed.

1 Like

In the mid 90ā€™s I was really not doing wellā€¦personally or professionally.

I know this will sound corny to some butā€¦

Rush got on a roll back then talking and self relianceā€¦standing on your ownā€¦it really sounded like he was talking to me. Something clickedā€¦I really felt he without knowing it helped and motivated me.

I live radioā€¦Rush was a pioneerā€¦

He took talk radio heights never before seenā€¦he probably saved AM radio at the time.

Rest In Peace

5 Likes

Wowā€¦ since 1988. Good by Rush. God loved you and so did we!!!

I remember having a bit of a drive to work each day and listening to something new on AM radio. I was a listener back in 1989!

1 Like

He will be sorely missed. God speed Rush.

Iā€™ve listen to him off and on over the years. Never seek him out unless the radio was on. And that was mostly because I started listening to Hannity first and radio was already set on station.

Prayers for his family and loved ones.

I hope less and less people die from this avoidable cancer.

Wow, how very sad. Iā€™m surprised he made it this long. Then again, his passing is still a shock.

May he rest in peace. He will be missed.

Condolences. Never agreed with the man, but he had an entertaining program.

2 Likes

He was one of the key figures who revived AM radio talk shows.

The man was a pioneer.

The parities were among my favorite things to hear.

How about you?

Spatula city!

My favorite, probably because they played that parody every day.

Me too. I was a pretty avid listener of both him and G. Gordon Liddy back in the day