'Rona Relief Bill 2

We must have something we can pawn or sell. Whatever happened to that graveyard of brand new tanks the generals didn’t want?

Well there is some good news at least if people lose the ability to pay for things… it looks like there is a bit of subprime commercial paper that have been divided up into debt obligation vehicles that are 100% AAA as long as businesses continue to pay their rents.

What could ever go wrong?

some states have their own moratorium and most of them have expired.

didn’t i see that banks made record breaking 2nd quarter results just last week? i’ve seen this movie before…it doesnt end well…for everyone but the bankers

There’s a bunch of mostly vacant skyscrapers in the Katy energy corridor that I could be convinced are the horsemen of the apocalypse. They stay vacant, more get built, more stay vacant. They’ve had thousands of literal vultures circling them for years.

This article adds weight to my suspicions.

tax cuts and deregulation will fix it.

They can reinstitute them.

how many state legislation are in session at this very moment?

What difference does that make? They can all be called in.

I’m not even sure a national act is Constitutional.

why don’t you think that it doens’t make a difference

Because it doesn’t. They can be called in at any time. The governor can probably do it.

Who did it in NYC?

yet it does, every hour and every day there will be people getting evicted until the state legislature stops it. there is already a backlog just waiting.

The governor can issue an edict.

why don’t they do it now? why wait?

I don’t know, I’m not the governor.

so its all meaningless then. evictions are going to happen but the state governor and legislature “may act” all because the Senate GOP ■■■■■■ up and lollygagged the last couple of months.

thanks for agreeing

Actually I don’t have an issue with replacing income based on a percentage of - say for example - a high percentage of weekly earnings averaged over the 4th Quarter 2019. People would - hopefully - get enough to get by with some belt tightening.

Is there a cap though?

I mean the quote says 70% of recent earnings. If I was making $40,000 per year that’s about $770 per week or $538 in UE. On the other hand if I made $400,000 per year that’s $7,692 per week or $5,384 in UE.

Just think, if negotiations had been going on for the last couple of months, the time would have been available to put that in place without having to shotgun a flat amount again.
.WW, PSHS

Why do you think the central government has a role in eviction moratoriums? The governors of the individual states can do it in seconds with the wave of a pen, like they did last time.

1 Like

Travis county issued its own.

Which means Abbot will probably come in and supersede it the other way just for fun.

2 Likes