'Rona Relief Bill 2

A lot of conversation today about 'Rona Relief II. A lot of pols running their sucks.

The republicans seem to be very concerned that the unemployment plus up is creating a disincentive for “some people” to return to work. It runs out at the end of this month.

I’ll be honest; I don’t care if it does. Restaurants, bars and a lot of other businesses are either shut down or afraid of being sued or having the virus run through them. They won’t give liability protection and we live in the most litigious country in the universe. So I don’t blame the employers.

No one can live off of unemployment from the state. It’s designed to be a short-term holdover between jobs on a running economy.

The economy ain’t running. And those people didn’t shut it down.

So they need to continue the plus up until it is. It’s keeping people afloat and probably not having to burn up their savings.

So republicans, I don’t give a ■■■■ if some people get over a little, pass a bill that continues the $600 plus up and states continue to pay regular unemployment without requiring a contacts through the end of the year. Then next year of need be.

Until everything is back open. Tell the employers to report anybody who is called to come back at 40 hours full schedule. Cut them off. If they haven’t been called, it’s not their fault. If they’ve been called for 20 hours, it’s not their fault.

Do the right thing. Take care of my waitresses.

5 Likes

Oh, and stick your one time $1,200 payment up your ass. Their bills already spent that.

1 Like

Atm it looks like the Republicans want two to four hundred dollars a week and the Democrats are holding firm on six.

^
I don’t mind the unemployment supplementing the State unemployment. However I think the amount should be indexed to average weekly earnings for the 4th Quarter of 2019. You receive State unemployment and Federal unemployment up to 85% of previous weekly average or (for the Fed peace) $600 maximum.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

There’s zero chance that this “you’ll be limited to your actual wage” thing is gonna work either, because you can’t coordinate that kind of specific thing with fifty separate states in anything approaching a reasonable timeframe. Even with flat payments some people waited like two months to get the money.

1 Like

Arguing over $200 a week. Idiots.

1 Like

Yeah it’s clown ■■■■■ They’re desperate for those Fox News soundbites though, so it’s tough to say if they mean it or they’re just posturing.

I’ve been following this rather closely, as you might imagine with my industry laying in smoldering ruins for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Whats the current number of unemployed? 40 Million.

That’s $8,000,000,000 (8 Billion) a week.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

And some are still waiting…

At the state level there has to be a way that an employer can report that an individual drawing unemployment can come back to work and refused.

The state unemployment is already wage based to a max.

The $600 doesn’t need to be. The math and logistics would be stupid. Just give them the $600 and move on.

Nobody’s getting rich off this ■■■■■

They absolutely can. It’s not even in question. That’s how unemployment works when you’re laid off or furloughed or whatever.

2 Likes

Who gives a crap? It’s going right back out.

1 Like

Then they should do it.

1 Like

There is. But it needs to be full employment, not some half-assed 15 hour split shift.

If there’s ever been an appropriate time to blow billions it’s now. These federal unemployment payments are the only thing keeping the entire economy from collapsing Great Depression style. People have to have the money to buy stuff.

1 Like

Agreed. Employers cannot play the system either.

1 Like

They are supposed to be already.

They already do. The ■■■■■■■ hoops you have to jump through just to collect the money are crazy, let alone anything else.

That’s why it’s tough to tell with the Republican senators, they say this stuff for the sound bites but they did the same thing last time and passed a two and a half trillion dollar stimulus with virtually no changes.

2 Likes

Right. We can spend a billion a day bombing goat rapers. Step up!