'Rona Back to School

Too dangerous to have the RNC. Not too dangerous to have kids go back to school. Seems legit.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s a normal activity? Does that apply to recess at a playground?

Too dangerous during a protest but not too dangers during ā€œnormal outside activities.ā€

1 Like

Welp, this is another classic story in the Trump-era here.

How many teachers are on this forum. As far as I know, Iā€™m the only one. Ask me any questions. I will try to answer.

2 Likes

Are teachers more concerned with the number of lives of kids that could be lost from not having school, versus the number that could be lost from forcing children back?

Iā€™ve heard a lot of talk about the number of kids that will die if school doesnā€™t immediately return. Iā€™m skeptical if we decide to wait another 6-8 months to mandate schools reopening that we will be sacrificing childrenā€™s lives as a result.

Thoughts?

Well, the teachers are in charge, they set their desks away from the students, and they can teach an entire day and never be closer than ten feet to a student. The teachers are in control. The teachers are safer, and in more control with students, than teachers are out in public, at the grocery store, beauty shop, dentist, Walmart, 7/11 gas station, or the drive thru fast food lane.

My local red cross is still operating drawing blood, i know i gave blood. And yet, teachers are in danger, from the children, who we know are the sector of population with the lowest infection and transfer rates on the planet?

I think this worry from opening schools is a bit over inflated

So far as I know, according to researchā€¦ ZERO.

Not a fan of Science?

We submitted a plan when we had to leave in March. Itā€™s approved but we are waiting on a final decision by the district as to whether we go back or how we go back as a district.

As you said, most teachers are out and about doing things in the public right now, shopping etc. They donā€™t seem to have a problem with Wal-Mart but they do with their classroom. Go figure.

It is worth noting that the Democratic Governor of this State (North Carolina) saw fit to leave it up to each individual school district to proceed as they see fit. The correct move on his part.

1 Like

Agreed, the people in the best position to make decisions are the people closest to the problem. I might add a caveat, that after a few months at least, the districts get together and discuss some of the best practices experienced across school districts, so they get the best ideas with the best fit.

There are no deflections or red herrings other than your own.

Weā€™ve lost a total of 14 kids to CCPV so far, a minuscule fraction compared to those lost by other causes including the flu.

There is no evidence of kids transmitting it to teachers and scant evidence if any they are transmitting it to adults at all.

If you are your kids are at particularly high risk stay home and keep them home if that is your choice.

We cannot remain on lockdown forever and every month we try to just pushes the end of this outbreak further out and guarantees more deaths because of the lack of naturally developed immunity.

There is no positive evidence worldwide of kids in school transmitting it to school faculty or staff.

You of course failed to give us a straight answer.

Letā€™s try again. How can teachers be blamed for kids contracting it when they are not part of the decision making loop for reopening schools?

It is to anyone with even the most basic understanding of the disease.

Yes. There is zero evidence of outdoor spreading during normal outdoor activities.

If you think you have some present it.

Letā€™s see whatā€™s different between the two.

Hundreds or thousands of people in very close proximity screaming at the tops of their lungs flinging spewtum on everyone around them vs, playing kickball, dodgeball, baseball, softball, or doing calisthenics.

How asinine.

Well this is a huge, ā€œso whatā€.

Unless youā€™re having close, intimate, prolonged contact with your students thereā€™s virtually zero chance of transmission.

How many teachers worldwide have been confirmed to have contracted it from students in class?

Zero.

If the teacher is at high risk let them teach the online version to those at too high risk to attend in person.