Romney reportedly discussing impeachment with other Republican Senators

“In recent days, Romney has been reaching out privately to key players in the Republican resistance, according to a person briefed on the conversations. “Romney is the one guy who could bring along Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, Ben Sasse. Romney is the pressure point in the impeachment process. That’s why the things he’s saying are freaking Republicans out.” (Romney, through a spokesperson, declined to comment.)”

Christ can you imagine the coming tweets :laughing:.

Even if he doesn’t do it, just this story will be enough to get a response out of Trump methinks. Maybe alienating the Senate GOP hawks and doves at the same time wasn’t well timed…

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an underground movement in the GOP. Not a big one yet, maybe, but it’d be fun to see it take hold and shake up the GOP.

I doubt he’ll have much success at convincing them to stick their necks out, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.

1 Like

There’s gotta be the first penguin to jump in the water. Everybody’s gonna stand around waiting, knowing that the first one is is likely orca food.

That’s what happens when it’s party before country.

3 Likes

Of course he is. Donman Conman is a freaking out of control weirdo.

I hereby order…

Gawd.

His wisdom.

Stable Genius.

What the hell, Republicans?

3 Likes

If…this is true…it will bite Romney and ruin his political career and…rightfully so.

If trump doesnt fold on this turkey thing I think you will see more people considering things…

The Mormons in Utah were very anti-Trump leading up to 2016, so I think Mitt would be fine.

2 Likes

Fortunately, Romney is in a financial spot where he can put his country over his career. He’ll still be in good shape, no matter what happens with his career.

9 Likes

Is Trump going to primary Romney? He isn’t up for re-election for almost six years.

I think Trump suggested…impeachment. :sunglasses:

Lol he has six years before he’s up again and his voter base is strongly anti Trump. Good luck.

That should be a winning strategy.

“Romney said something mean about me - impeach his ass!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!”

Oooohwee, that rumor mill is pumping out the tingles this week! lol

To be fair when the spokespeople decline to comment, it’s usually a clue.

Are you suggesting that all political decisions should be based on what is good for one’s own position. Is there any role for party or country in Trumpworld? Seems not.

I am suggesting that Romney’s motivations are based on his personal bitterness and because of that…it will come back and bite him.

2 Likes

It’s always a clue. Three years worth of clues from reportedly this and supposedly that, by a source speaking on conditions of anonominimity. :rofl:

1 Like

Of course, the elite Republicans never really supported Trump. He was the winner of the base. They used him for judges and a tax cut. Now he is expendable.

They didn’t care about any other issue that he ran on.

I 100% agree. They wear a mask of support but right behind that mask is the truth that they are a part of the establishment swamp that the voters of 2016 rallied against. If they take off their mask, their constituents will vote them out and they know that.