Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

How are you measuring that?

He had a good chance of beating Cruz. Cruz isn’t terribly popular in Texas. He came out of his contest with Trump even less popular.

O’Rourke is nice looking and charismatic. He reminds people of Kennedy.
At one time he was neck and neck with Cruz. About that time he shut down his campaign to saying nothing- just meaningless platitudes. He looks more like a self help guru than a candidate for office. He never broaches an issue. Not even a hint of one. Just a bunch of “Follow your dreams” crap.

Are you basing this on campaign ads?

Yes…

Why on earth do you expect substantive policy discussion to be had on 30-60 second political ads? That’s absurd. Go to his site and read where he stands on the issues. Or listen to a town hall.

I’m no stranger to political ads. I’ve watched them all my life. They at least contain some hint of what a candidate stands for. This guy offers nothing. The worst I’ve ever seen.
He’s fallen to 8 points behind since he started trying to channel Yoda.

I know two people who absolutely love Ted Cruz, and they are on this forum.

They have expressed their love for Ted Cruz in the fury of their defense of him.

I don’t know why I should have to do all of that analysis, which sounds an awful lot like work, when Ted Cruz has made a commercial for me to watch that makes Beto look bad and makes Cruz look good, and then shows it to me again fifteen minutes later to put my cerebral cortex on spin cycle.

I mean, do you understand what you’re asking people to do here?

1 Like

Cruz should be ashamed of himself, letting this little lib pipsqueak come even this close to him in ruby-red Texas.

Donald needs to seize Lyin’ Ted by the scruff one more time, and tell him to man up. It’s obvious Ted still hasn’t recovered from the emasculation Donald hit him with in the GOP primary.

Why is that funny?

Couldn’t agree more.

Because they have been told he does. His supporters don’t know anything about Kennedy.

All about turnout, and the polls show him within striking distance other than the one Quinnipiac poll.

He’s behind in four polls:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html

Didn’t trump say he was going to hold a rally with Teddy? Yes he did. He said they were looking for the biggest stadium in Texas they could find.

Does anyone really think Teddy and Donnie could fill texas’ biggest stadium? :joy:

No

10 Charles

1 Like

Texas Motors Speedway will hold 180,000 people. I don’t think any politician can fill it.

They couldn’t come close to filling any of the big football stadiums either.

With Willie Nelson and free BBQ? No problem.

In a world where there is the serious threat of stepping on a candidates face with golf shoes, you are only adding to the violence.