Rick Gates just turned on his buddy Paul Manafort

Looks like Gates just gave the prosecution the reason to lock the door and throw away the key on Manafort.

From the link below:

Asked by prosecutors whether he was involved in any criminal activity with Mr. Manafort, Mr. Gates responded, “Yes.”

Mr. Gates also testified that he and Mr. Manafort held 15 foreign bank accounts that were not disclosed to the federal government. Mr. Gates said the required financial filings were not submitted “at Mr. Manafort’s direction.”

Mr. Gates admitted to a wide variety of crimes, including bank fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, lying to federal authorities, lying in a court deposition and stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from Mr. Manafort’s accounts by falsely claiming expenses.

Bad news for Paul’s “mananigans.”

Stick a fork in Manafort - he’s done.

1 Like

Until he is pardoned which almost certainly will be.

And he won’t be the last. Donald will likely pardon any of his merry band of criminals that faces justice, including his son of course.

Yes, there is that.

Things just got spicy :hot_pepper:

I think so.

Yeah, he’s watching his son’s situation closely. As will the rest of the country.

In a word where Congress wasn’t full of spineless immoral powermongers, that would likely be an impeachable offense.

From what i understand Trump can’t pardon Manafort on any conviction in a NY STATE case…only the federal end

My bad…thats the Cohen case…so many trials.

2 Likes

Isn’t he also being investigated for state crimes though?

A senior member of Trump’s campaign and inauguration comitee just testified under oath he committed crimes with another senior member of the campaign. This should be fun to see trumpslained.

2 Likes

So much for no crimes having been committed in relation to Trump’s campaign. They’ll have to use the “no collusion” talking point now I guess…

Cohen is cooked. But he can get a sweet deal if he eats, and he probably will, seems he isnt happy with being shunned by Trump, and has kids to raise.

There’s still two weeks or more of this trial to go. The defense has not presented its case.

All they need is one dyed-in-the-wool Trumpist or one jury nullification dude.

You never know what’s going to happen when something goes to the jury.

Gates was on the transition team, too.

Vice President Pence is a Paul Manafort/Quinn Martin Production.

Isnt this being charged at the state level?

Nah, localized federal jurisdiction. Concurrent jurisdiction is ■■■■■■■ confusing.

Manafort takes a plea, news at eleven. No doubt about it.

1 Like