Richard burr...what should he do?

You really think trump is gonna lose ?

Short of miraculously saving the economy, he loses. He cannot survive a recession, particularly given that he carried several States last time by mere pluralities, not majorities.

If he executes an economic miracle, he may win. If he doesn’t, he loses.

1 Like

That’s a damn shame. I love Steak 'N Shake.

I go in and indulge in a shake from time to time.

They have closed most of their company owned stores and are trying to convert those locations to franchises, but are having little luck. They have a particularly high overhead in comparison to the price for the food, so stores are attempting now to change to more of a counter style.

But even without coronavirus, Steak n Shake was already in big trouble.

I see the economy recovering before fall personally

Not out of the question and depends on how far Trump and Congress are willing to go.

Here is my Electoral College thread from March 11 if you missed it.

Now this I have to say is shocking. I’d like to say give credit to Tucker for some honesty, but I know better. This is damage control plain and simple.

https://twitter.com/twinklingtania/status/1240827417087770624?s=21

Multiple Senators now. Johnson, Inhofe… and Feinstein.

No quarter regardless of party. I want their political heads on pikes.

9 Likes

Dont do that. Its transparent. It’s not about whataboutism. I’m not cool with anyone using inside information regardless of party, are you?

I believe I posted in there…biden I think people are ok with…more stable and less insulting.

The base is the base and forgettable

Yup…fair is fair…will others say the same?

I do too, but only because I know how resilient we can be. However there is and could likely be a whole lot worse things coming in the next couple of weeks or months that will trash all of that.

Sadly people on both sides will blame it on things it shouldnt be. The left will blame it on Trump and his responses. The right will blame it on the media et al. At some point people have to figure out how to mitigate the issue outside of politics as much as is possible.

Yeah we are but people are short term thinkers… so I see them forgetting how trump handled this at first.

Screw them all regardless of their party. If they sold based on information not known to the public at the time, they should resign, and if they dont replace them, period.

Feinstein is lucky in that she is not up for reelection until 2024.

But she will likely face a Democrat/Democrat general election in 2024 and a strong Democrat challenger could beat her in the General Election. Her 2018 challenger made a very respectable showing against an entrenched incumbent, so she is vulnerable to an intra-party challenge.

Cant say at the moment but if what is being posted is true, and the american public as a whole researches and finds out these individuals fleeced them over and didnt tell them info they should have in this day and age with said info being so readily available you are gonna see an ousting of incumbents in both parties we have never seen in our lifetimes.

Loefner probably would lose the primary either way.

If only there was a law about this… oh, wait, there is:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOCK_Act
Apparently it doesn’t work very well.
Burr was one of the three senators who voted against it.

2 Likes

@ImRightYoureWrong is tax returns the answer?

1 Like

why don’t you impeach him to find out. find one person to say they presume its true, then use that presumption to get other people to say they heard it from somebody. I’m sure the Senate will call witnesses this time!

1 Like