Reverse Psychology!

All of that is imagined and unprovable, of course.
No one pushed more for the vaccine than Trump (with the exception of the scientists who developed it). I don’t see how anyone could have gotten their reluctance of the vaccine from him.
As for my decisions, I rely on my doctor’s recommendations primarily and then there is the CDC webpages. If people get their information from interpreting the actions of politicians, that’s on them.

1 Like

I would wear a mask in a crowded plane if I absolutely had to be on one.
Still, these flimsy paper and cloth masks are of minimal if any importance compared to the vaccine. Studies that have shown masks to work are generally of medical or better masks.

1 Like

I hear Trump is now saying breathing is important to keep living!

What are you leftists gonna do about it?

Well, in light of the OP, I can only hope those mean liberals don’t put the ol’ reverse psychology whammy on you guys :rage:

Whammy!

But more seriously, reverse psychology works best on those who are driven primarily by emotions, especially if there’s a implied potential inclusion for taking an option not expressly offered.

Rather than reverse psychology the illusion of a guided choice is what seems to be most effective on the non-juvenile.

You see reverse psychology present the intended choice to be made as if it were unwanted, which is easily spotted, where the guided choice, where it’s only really an illusion, seems less obvious.

This has been famously described by the character Sir Humphrey Appleby as presenting a list of at least three choices, one of which is the desired choice but is presented after a modest fashion. Along with this choice is at least one that is right out, completely bonkers, and at least one that LOOKS good at first but becomes more and more undesirable over time.

Somewhat ironically this is arguably the how of why Hillary and company helped Trump in ‘16 during the primaries … not realizing that even IF Trump was the third sort that could never negate that they were the second sort, rather than the first.

1 Like

Shocking! He’s not believing your lie! How is that possible?

2 Likes

Current government bullies protest by that group.

Social media censors and silences.

Emphatically yes.

No he didn’t. The vaccine was already developed by private industry by the time the Trump** decided to get involved.

Now to give the Trump** Administrations team their due, Vice President Pence headed up Operation Warp Speed which did to some very good things in terms of pre-purchases, expanding manufacturing, and helping to shorten the FDA approval time. But Operation Warp Speed wasn’t created until May and private industry had developed it and was already testing vaccines in March.

WW

No.

Alright. Change rapid development of the vaccine to rapid deployment of the vaccine, through warp speed.

Fair enough, list I said Pence did some good work with OWS in terms of manufacturing pipeline, procurement, and shortening the FDA approval timeline.

Trump** on the other hand made the administration look like bumbling idiots and it cost him the election.

WW

1 Like

No doubt Trump has a big mouth and Twitter finger that did him damage and helped his opponents. I can live with that as long as good policies for the country are also part of the package.

Ding Ding Ding! Give that man a ceeegar! Very factual post. :+1:

Those pushing such revision of history(assigned narrative talking pts?) must hope we have memory problems.

3 Likes

Do you have the quote of Biden calling the travel shut down xenophobic?

:popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like

So just so I understand: in the real version of history (not the made-up liberal version), President Trump and the Republicans/American Right took COVID very seriously from the outset, implemented rapid and effective measures to protect all Americans, communicated clearly about the science of the virus, took pains to be non-partisan and non-divisive, and deployed a clear and effective strategy to deal with the pandemic—a strategy that was enormously successful. In contrast, liberals and Democrats ignored it, downplayed it, dithered, played politics, failed to understand it, etc.

2 Likes

Many here are arguing just that.

1 Like

It’s just like how the war-mongering libs, Democrats, and neocons (who were always really just liberals) are the ones to blame for the Iraq war, not Republicans or conservatives. Anyone who’s followed this board for the last 18 years would see that this is a truthful account of what happened.

2 Likes

Yep. Obviously.

what did trump do at the outset?

you can read the chronology here

the effort started in early Jan. its quite impressive. could some things have been done differently? yes, hindsight is 20/20. could the risk have been conveyed more forcefully? yes, hindsight is 20/20. still, an impressive set of actions.

1 Like