Reverse Psychology!

It is the point. It’s true, but I’m not sure why they care. It comes from bad people. They should just consider the source.

Herman Cain says hello.
But in addition to the direct cases and possible deaths from those events is the tone he set for his supporters - that he could, and therefore they should, flaunt the recommendations and in some cases local mandates, guided by his very own CDC.

That has done a tremendous amount of damage.

Are those the words of someone taking it seriously?

it didn’t “disappear” like a “miracle” from “our shores.”

“You can do it. You don’t have to do it. I’m choosing not to do it” - why would he encourage this?

his statement that " if we were testing a million people instead of 14 million people, we would have far few cases, right?" is not accurate. We would not have fewer cases… there would be fewer reported cases but people would still be sick.

IMO, the Trump administration led a defiant social campaign against any COVID restrictions and percussions. Instead of leading a country through the pandemic the administration watered the seeds of defiance against public health by citizens who had unwavering support for him.

1 Like

He directed the rapid development of the vaccine. It’s going to be a weak case against him if he and Biden go at it again that Biden did more to end the pandemic.

they’re the words of someone being 100% honest about it. you guys seem to expect him to have lit his hair on fire. did he do what he thought he should to calm peoples fears, prevent panic, and curb runs on stores? yes he did. but nothing you just posted is factually inaccurate.

now, beyond the words what was the government doing?

you don’t understand thats exactly what he meant in context? his statement was that finding more cases was the result of more and better testing, that without it we would not see these cases; so, in perspective, “having” or detecting more cases was a “badge of honor”. that you choose to take it out of context to make it mean something else says more about you than him.

No. It doesn’t.

Let’s not make this personal.

Yes, his departments were doing the best they could.

And I do understand, this is a new ■■■■■■■ thing…we we’re all learning as we went.

But I’m sorry…telling people it’s 13 cases and going to zero when anyone who took a minute to comprehend what was happening knew that wasn’t the case, and touring factories flaunting mask mandates, and holding indoor masks rallies, and telling people you weren’t going to ear a mask, and berating govoners who closed things down…

these are not things that indicate he was taking it seriously.

What about when he said " I told my people not to test so much…"?

What is true?

there’s nothing i can do about your purposeful and willful taking out of context to make it appear something means something it did not except point it out. you could just admit your error and acknowledge that he was actually doing a good thing lauding those who were making the advances to make it possible… but i don’t see that coming.

1 Like

It’s not an error. He said it repeatedly. He had a very poor way of communicating.

because he said “have” instead of “detect”? okay.

1 Like

among others.

does it change the actual meaning of what he was conveying? no. what he meant was clear, only by taking it out of the context of the entire statement does it say what you want it to.

nothing was taken out of context.

the whole quote was offered.

I’m sorry you’re so offended by my opinion that the President publicly downplayed the effects of Covid-19 and sowed social defiance against public health among citizens who had unwavering support for him.

1 Like

This.

1 Like

All of them?

1 Like

Yes, at varying times.