Restaurants investing in technology instead of paying people higher rates

Agreed.

Maybe you can automate burger making like Mondo Burger

Lol that is an impressive terrible idea when bartenders cost you all of three bucks an hour and they actually know what they’re doing.

1 Like

who is going to tell people they had to much to drink?
still need a bartender they just get to spend more time on their phone.

Don’t forget noodle making.

I worry about this the most. Especially construction.

I agree

I was using labor shortage generally. I didn’t mean we necessarily had a people shortage.

Oh no worries, lumber prices are already killing those.

It’s a money problem.

In 1964 (the year before they stopped making silver quarters), the minimum wage was $1.25 per hour.

A 1964 silver quarter weighs in at 6.25 grams and is 90% silver and 10% copper.

5 silver quarters comes out to 28.125 grams of silver and 3.125 grams of copper.

Leaving out the 3 grams in copper, the current market value that I’m looking at, for those same 5 quarters, is $‭23.90 in silver.

What’s a copper-nickel alloy quarter worth these days? 25 cents?

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Blasphemy!

Some of my favorite Mexican restaurants are in Old Town, San Diego. One of them has cooks hand making tortillas in a viewing room. It’s magical. I’d revolt if I saw a robot doing it :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t worry, your kids won’t care. They might even think you’re old fashioned. :wink:

2 Likes

I guess it’s that time again. We’ve got a (D) as President, time for more The ROBOTS are taking all the jobs threads.

3 Likes

still need someone to cook the noodles, all that does is cut them its an expansive knife.

It’s one of them trendy places. They have live music, and food trucks out front. We also have a pour your own wine place that is pretty popular as well.

I love one of the reviews for that tap room though.

Warning : SCAN your Drivers License. Not Cool. This is setting us up for COMMUNISM

1 Like

It’s not a bad thing necessarily for the US businesses to invest in technology. Rather create 20 good paying engineering and technician jobs than import 100 low skilled uneducated immigrants.

That’s not what I’m doing. Do you believe that every business can pay what Microsoft pays a software engineer? If not, why?

Some jobs yes, some no. As I noted earlier there’s little reason one needs a human to take a person’s order and futuristicly I could see robots bringing the food to people’s tables. How hard would it be to program a robot the layout of a restaurant and to stop at a specific table?

Look up flippy. Nice robot, cooks burgers.

And that’s where you’re wrong.

It’s not like it hasn’t been tried. It doesn’t work.

It’s not what people want.

Yeah, online ordering doesn’t work, tell door dash.

BS.

When profit is king…reducing costs is the constant goal.

Well, it sorta works. I order a lot of takeout, they ■■■■ it up a lot of the time.

But that’s not the point. Delivery isn’t the same as dining out.