Republicans take hint from the Russians with their own fake news campaign websites

So you wonder why Republicans haven’t been very enthusiastic to strengthen up our election systems for the upcoming presidential campaign? They want to borrow the tricks of the Russians. Two Trumpies already did in a report first carried by the New York Times and also picked up by Newsweek. (Both links below.)

The two men, ID’d in the Times story, do not identify themselves on the sites they created for Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.

A spokesman for the Trump campaign would only say that it was “great that talented supporters of President Trump use their time to help his re-election.” Like Donnie Jr. says, “If what’s you say it is, I like it!”

Oh, for the Google fans, the story does says a similar thing was done by Democrats against Republican Roy Moore, the race which Moore lost.

Low information voters will be the targets again like they were in 2016. Maybe they’ll be smarter this time. Maybe they won’t.

3 Likes

what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.

And we’re going to make sure of it.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they get consulting from the IRA.

1 Like

I posted Bernie Sucks! on facebooks today.

Da.

3 Likes

Ruskies save us.

So, he’s posting facts/information about Biden that are unfavourable to Biden’s campaign, and that’s wrong? illegal?

But other msm platforms posting lies/misinformation about Trump that are unfavourable to the Trump campaign is OK?

Democrats loved it when they did the same thing down in Alabama. Or did you already forget about that?

I remember liberals defending democrats when that one billionaire set up a group who did just that down in Alabama.

Reid Hoffman, that’s his name.

Nah, just democrats:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-alabama-disinformation-20190108-story.html%3FoutputType=amp

When the democrats did it you just said it was Americans participating in American elections. What changed?

Joebiden.info is actually pretty hilarious!

Do as I say and not as I do.

Yep, this is no big deal.

One more for good measure:

Not to mention this site specifically states that it is set up as a parody and satire site. Something the democrats didn’t do in Alabama. I thought democrats appreciated humor?

Only fake new can get a Democrat elected after Obama destroyed the Party with his acts of treason.

Didn’t I mention that?

Only in the OP. Who reads those?

1 Like

I don’t seem to recall you being so outraged when the democrats did it. There was even a thread on it.

Republicans are just demonstrating the “bold, contrasting colors” of their ideology by behaving just like Democrats.

1 Like

Well all the democrats said it was ok in the other thread, so why not use their tactics against them?

Hell, you guys had a Silicon Valley billionaire leading the effort.