Republicans Nominate Another QAnon Believer

US Rep Scott Tipton from Colorado became the third incumbent Republican to lose their primary this election season. Tipton was endorsed by Trump.

Five-term Colorado U.S. Rep. Scott Tipton was upset in Tuesday’s Republican Party primary by Lauren Boebert, a pistol-packing businesswoman, ardent defender of gun rights and border wall supporter who wants to abolish the U.S. Department of Education.

Boebert, while not an admitted follower of QAnon, appears to be sympathetic to their “whackadoo” (to put it nicely) beliefs.

Earlier this year, Boebert said in an interview that she was “very familiar” with the QAnon far-right conspiracy theory, but she stopped short of saying she was a follower.

“Everything that I’ve heard of Q, I hope that this is real because it only means that America is getting stronger and better, and people are returning to conservative values,” she told interviewer Ann Vandersteel.

Boebert will be the second … no wait … third QAnon supporter to win a GOP primary this season.

In May, Jo Rae Perkins won a Republican Senate primary in Oregon after saying she supports the conspiracy theory. And on Tuesday, Marjorie Taylor Greene made it to an August runoff in a competitive Republican congressional primary in northwest Georgia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/13/why-qanon-supporters-are-winning-congressional-primaries/

There’s a lot going on here. Should be pretty interesting to see how these candidates do in their races. And if they win, how effective they will be in congress.

This is not a good look for the GOP.

Q scares the left, why is that?

I’d think the idea of people believing insane fringe conspiracies would scare anyone. I guess not.

15 Likes

I can’t think of anyone that would be scared of a few 4chan trolls and their gullible marks. They worked themselves into a shoot.

Because they believe Hillary Clinton was part of an underground child sex trafficking operation being run out of pizza restaurant’s basement in Washington, DC.

1 Like

her opponent was endorsed by trump and was the cochair of his colorado campaign

1 Like

He’s still the cochair. AWKWARDDDDDDDD!!!

Insane is putting it mildly.

1 Like

Wait Q is real? WoW with some of the crap it comes out with i thought it was an offspring of Saturday Night Live or MAD magazine

2 Likes

And that Robert Mueller and Donald Trump were actually working together to bring down members of the DEEEEEEEP STATE and send them all to Guantanamo Bay by the end of last year. :flushed:

2 Likes

This has got to be a stinging loss for him as well.

1 Like

Like what conspiracy?

That applies to fake news too.

Mueller was trying to protect the the Deepstate!

And failed, hence all the investigation into Obama.

If you believe QAnon is not peddling a conspiracy but instead revealing a deep truth, I won’t change your mind.

2 Likes

This is what is amusing, and scary, about Q. What I stated was the original conspiracy theory. But since it did not pan out, then the conspiracy theory morphs and changes. And rather than being skeptical of how many of the foretold conspiracies never come to fruition and the results literally never occur, the ardent followers continue to buy in to the newly constructed nonsense. While Q vendors make money off of them with merchandise. Like so many things surrounding Trump and the GOP in this era, it is just another grift of gullible Americans.

5 Likes

This is what the Republican party is whittling itself down to, as it alienates rational people.

4 Likes

Trump’s popularity, by definition, “alienates rational people”. Moving even farther right was a pretty solid outcome of Trump Conservatism.

I’ll add. The predicted response of Democrats would have been to move farther left to counter this. They tried, to an extent, with Bernie. But fell short and went with Biden. Which, if he wins in November will set us back on a more “middle of the road” selection of candidates in 2024. Hopefully.

1 Like

Indeed. What will the party look like in the post-Trump era? A regional party full of kooks, conspiracy theorists, and white, uneducated people? Who knows. The post-election autopsy conducted by the GOP in 2012 certainly showed that if they took the path they are on currently, this would be the likely outcome.

2 Likes

Does the American public in the main even know or care about QAnon? I’d wager not.