Republicans block all investigation of & enforcement against Russians Torshin & Butina re the NRA & the 2016 presidential election

So, you find it reasonable to believe that Meuller, tasked with finding evidence of Russian interference in our elections ignored the NRA contacts with Butina and the possibility the Russians were funneling money into US campaigns through the NRA? How incompetent do you think he was?

Can you guys not smell the fear from the most ardent NRA supporters about any investigation into the NRA? I’m not sure Duke fans would protect Coach K this much.

And you guys know what Republicans would already be doing if this was Planned Parenthood or some private liberal enterprise.

1 Like

Except Benghazi.

1 Like

Are his conclusions on this matter in his report?

1 Like

There is a difference between a criminal investigation and a congressional one, one of those can be expected to act with political motive, the other is not supposed to.

Can you remember how many inquiries were there? Can you also recall any instances where evidence was taken out of context presented in any of those inquiries?

Don’t fall for the diversions. It’s the goal.

No but it’s entirely possible this matter was what he was referring to in regard to ongoing cases he couldn’t discuss. In any case I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume it hasn’t been or isn’t still being investigated. He either did investigate it and found no cause for further investigation or he investigated it and referred it out after finding cause, I don’t think it’s reasonable to think the answer is, he didn’t investigate it.

Ever wonder why Newsweek sold for a $1 back in 2010? It’s because it went from a authentic news magazine to a propaganda magazine and was bleeding money and readers. It was purchased by a liberal to continue to spew propaganda and this article is nothing but a NRA hit job with no basis in fact and thats why the FEC declined another Democrat insane TDS complaint. :angry: :roll_eyes:

I’m still technically a member of the NRA, as I had paid my membership through 2021. However, with this news breaking out, I’m not sending them another dime until all this gets sorted out one way or another. If there’s even a hint of a scandal within an organization, they won’t get a dime from me.

This ought to be interesting.

1 Like

Well you might find it interesting but it doesn’t have anything to do with Russian money.

Who could have ever guessed that Oliver North could be potentially involved in 2 huge scandals and/or cover ups so many years apart.

1 Like

That’s “huge”? Umm, ok.

No it was not.

Of course it was. If the Russians were funneling money into American elections through the NRA and not reporting it who can you possibly claim it was not in his brief?

No hes didn’t ignore it. He felt it was outside his scope and referred the case away

Because it was referred to who Mueller felt had jurisdiction

“It appears that [Mueller] didn’t see his mandate as a broad based national security investigation of Russia’ activities to undermine our democracy,” said Laura Rosenberger, a senior fellow at the German Marshall Fund and a former National Security Council staffer.

How does she draw that conclusion given this…

same link What’s not in the Mueller report | PBS NewsHour

Another instance that could have potentially violated campaign finance violations is completely redacted. But the special counsel said there was not enough evidence to pursue any charges relating to inappropriate contributions to the Trump campaign by foreign nationals.

Looks to me like he was investigating campaign finance violations involving foreign nationals, which is what Russians funneling money through the NRA to be used in elections would be.

Looks to me that Mueller disagreed with your opinion and referred the NRA/Butina investigation out