Republicans block all investigation of & enforcement against Russians Torshin & Butina re the NRA & the 2016 presidential election

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/nra-fec-butina-torshin-campaign-finance-trump-1454836%3Famp=1

“A foreign adversary interfered in the 2016 presidential election and the response from Republicans at every level, whether it be President Trump, congressional Republicans, or now the Republican appointees on the Federal Election Commission, has been to bury their heads in the sand or actively obstruct getting to the bottom of what happened,” Wyden said in a written statement.

“It’s inexcusable that Republican commissioners would block an investigation into whether Russian money was funneled through the National Rifle Association to help President Trump. The blatant partisanship is appalling, undermines our democracy and leaves us vulnerable to continued interference in 2020,” he continued."

Pssstttt.

There is a reason why these Republicans want to block investigations into foreign influence. Heck, Mitch actively shoots down these types of investigations. I think any rational human knows why they, as a group, have this coordinated agenda.

1 Like

Truly appalling. We now know for sure where the repubs stand on both Russia and on free and fair elections.

And we’ve know for 2 years

1 Like

Republicans want to win elections. There is zero reason to damage your own success when failure means Democrats gain control of the government. That cannot be ever allowed to happen. Keep America Great.

1 Like

No, we know where they stand on investigating people without evidence a crime has been committed. And we know where democrats stand on using the power of government to go after their political enemies.

1 Like

No pretense of even pretending to care anymore.

1 Like

You coulda just stopped there.

Nope

But what did we expect when they went all in for a crook to be prez.

1 Like

Really?

I mean … really?

5 Likes

Butina is in jail for acting as a foreign agent. We know she was working with her Republican operative boyfriend Paul Erickson — identified in court papers as “U.S. Person 1” — at the behest of a Russian official in order "to establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence over U.S. politics.helped orchestrate a trip by NRA members to Moscow where they met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

That is EVIDENCE.

1 Like

Nobody cares about any of that. Those are liberal talking points. Easily dismissed.

1 Like

We’re gonna see drastically different responses in this thread and the Hillary/China thread. I started them at the same time on purpose.

4 Likes

Diabolical!

1 Like

Well that tears it, some NRA members went to Russia, that’s all the evidence you need, of what again? I didn’t realize going to Russia or meeting with Russian officials was illegal.

Why do u think Maria Butina is in jail? She pleaded guilty, BTW.

1 Like

And? Did she plead guilty to funneling money through the NRA? I must have missed it.

Hey. If the Republicans actually followed through they know what they’ll find. It already scares the bejesus out of them.

Stopping anything and everything related to the NRA and Russia is really their best bet. It’s a very solid strategy.

Sucks for the American people of course. But they don’t care about that

1 Like

Exactly. Democrats defend everything Hillary, Republicans defend everything Trump.

There is enough evidence to warrant further investigation. I want to know if secret Russian money is influencing elections, don’t you?

What evidence are you referring to? Two unnamed sources in a McClatchy article?