Republicans block all investigation of & enforcement against Russians Torshin & Butina re the NRA & the 2016 presidential election

Where’s ramblin’ bob when you need him?

1 Like

If you believe that you probably fell for the Russian collusion lie.:joy:

Uh, have you been here the last two years?

The Republicans obviously don’t want to embarrass themselves or the NRA over this. Seeing as the NRA has the Republican Party comfortably in its pocket and has become nothing short of a powerful political lobbying group and GOP influencer. This is very bad PR for both groups and the sooner they can get this under the carpet the happier they will be.

3 Likes

:point_up_2:

:sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

I have. What’s wrong with what I stated?

Not remotely true. Dems are perfectly fine calling her out here, but there are some Trump supporters whose strongest reprimand against Trump is a limp-wristed “I wish he wouldn’t tweet so much.”

1 Like

You mean like contacting Israel and swayong them to not let people in?

Yeah…you should try another less dumb attempt at this…one that isnt so laughable on its face.

I’d rather they both be in jail and we get someone who knows how to do the job

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s evidenced in the other thread lol

There is a difference between finding no evidence of being hacked and Comey saying she did commit some small stuff but nobody would go through with it.

We don’t care if Comey pressed charges on her if she did something. What we have a problem with is this double standard people have with the trump issue…

You guys constantly ask about Hillary and everyone on this board always says…charge her.

Then we watch trump hire barr who torpedoes everything and you guys dont even bat an eyelash…

See that’s the issue. The double standard. You guys go hardcore on everything that’s a left leaning outrage and make excuses left and right when it’s you. You dont hold yourselves to the same standards as you want to hold everyone else to.

There is a reason why I don’t take any of you as serious actors on issues. You talk out of both ends.

8 Likes

Seriously?

Butina admitted to working with an American political operative under the direction of a former Russian senator — now the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank — to forge connections with officials at the National Rifle Association, conservative leaders and candidates in the 2016 U.S. presidential race, including Donald Trump, whose rise to the White House she presciently predicted to her Russian contact.

“Guilty,” Butina said with a light accent in entering her plea with U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on Thursday in federal court in Washington.

She literally pled guilty to Illegally forging connection with the NRA, but we are just to assume that nothing else happened in terms of money?

The naïveté is staggering.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/russian-maria-butina-pleads-guilty-in-effort-to-forge-kremlin-bond-with-us-conservatives/2018/12/13/c27f2d26-fe4f-11e8-ad40-cdfd0e0dd65a_story.html?noredirect=on

5 Likes

And in the year those connections were forged the NRA spent double what it had spent on any previous election with no increase in membership that would have generated more dues.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Dont forget, Trump could shoot someone on 5th ave

A prominent Kremlin-linked Russian politician has methodically cultivated ties with leaders of the National Rifle Association and documented efforts in real time over six years to leverage those connections and gain deeper access into American politics, NPR has learned.

3 Likes

Dem here. Go ahead and investigate Hillary. I’m fine with that.

2 Likes

So you really haven’t seen the democratic posters here who have repeatedly criticized Hillary?

I’m pretty sure they’ve been investigating Hillary for at least 7 or 8 years.