Republicans against Trump

I doubt joe would do much of anything a person truly republican would like.

Nothing. I will not vote for a Democrat.

Will you address Cases in point 1 through 4, please?

From a Gallup poll that talked to 1033 people.

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Jan. 16-29, 2020, with a random sample of 1,033 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia

When a Gallup poll talks to 10,000 Republicans and gets the same percentage, I might give it some weight.

1,033 people?

No.

I never even considered Kasich. Too far left to suit me.

You should do some research on polling theory. 1000 people is considered fairly accurate in a well conducted poll. There is a lot of data to back it up.

Well conducted being the catch phrase of course…

I did my homework the first time he tried running as an Independent and new he would not be the candidate for me.

Can’t say I’m surprised. There are many of us who are former Republicans due to Trump - so, I would expect those who remained within that cesspool to be largely Trump supporters.

2 Likes

Trump has 95% support among Republicans. That’s the highest it’s been for Republican Presidents, even Reagan. So there are 5% of Republicans against Trump. We all know how well Reagan is regarded now among Republicans, but back then there were even more Republicans against Reagan than Trump now.

Some antiTrump Republicans have admitted they will vote for the Democratic candidate. However, I must say I find it hard to believe a conservative Republican would vote for either Sanders or Biden. Most likely they will just stay home.

Philly Guy

1 Like

Make way for all the “Republicans” who want you to vote against Trump this year.

They’re genuine. Just ask them. :roll_eyes:

:rofl:

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel that way my friend and I really do understand your pain because you…are where I was…in 1986. I gave up on politics and for the most part, still do. You show me a politician who is honest and I’ll show you one who is ineffective and won’t be reelected. How our country has allowed our political system to develop into the corrupt system that it is, is shameful but…looking around the globe, it’s still the best one.

If…I’m to fine contentment, it’s in my personal and professional life. I’ll NEVER find it, in politics.

2 Likes

Kasich got himself a lot of free face time on FOX. Then he became a candidate and went off the left wing cliff. Obscurity is a lonely place.

For starters, he’ll act like a civilized, educated, circumspect person.

1 Like

My vote for President Trump was a never Hillary/never 3rd Party vote but as a conservative/libertarian patriot I could not be happier with the great job he is doing and can’t wait to vote for him again! MAGA-KAG! :us:

3 Likes

IMO there is only a smattering of people who left the party because of Trump.

Establishment types who prefer people like Romney and McCain. :roll_eyes:

I dare say that those who left have been more than offset by new folks who came into the party because of Trump. Independents and even some dems.

1 Like

Trump is a conservative? On what planet?

3 Likes

Wow…your discernment is sooooo poor that you couldn’t understand the label she applied to herself? :sunglasses:

For my question it didn’t matter…

1. The Kurds. Enough of our splitting up the middle east or deciding who is right or wrong. Were we supposed to go to war with the Turks over this? And what is you preferred plan…invade Turkey? Bring everybody here from the middle east who isn’t happy with the way things are going?

2., 3. Treatment of women and tweets. All of this was gone over in infinite detail before the election of 2016. These are major reasons you won’t vote for him now but apparently didn’t care in 2016? His tweets are irritating. I am more concerned about the things that affect the country…like policies on defending our borders and fair trade.

1. Yes. Well, as you well know, those old boards aren’t available.
1 Like

Oh they are available… just have to look hard. Plus I don’t think we are allowed to post those screenshots here.

1 Like