Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter and his wife indicted

cook has already moved it from Solid R to Leans R.

Allan

He should come to Virginia and get elected to the state legislature. Doing this kind of thing with your campaign money is perfectly legal.

When it comes to tax evasion, they carry enormous sentencing possibilities, because sometimes the crime of tax evasion is all they can find to pin on crime syndicate bosses.

In the eyes of the Government, bank fraud and tax fraud are not “petty” crimes. They’re felonies, with significantly strong sentences.

Wrong again. Those aren’t the tax evasion charges. They’re the bank fraud charges. The fraud he started committing after he ran out of untaxed Ukrainian money in the 2015-17 time frame.

No, thats not the reason.

The government takes their tax money very seriously. Ask Wesley Snipes.

do you have to report it as income to the IRS?

Allan

I’m sure you grasped the concept of my use of the word petty, was within the concept of comparing a lesser case, to other cases of bank fraud and tax evasion which are more grave?

I have no idea. All I know is that so many of our state delegates and senators amass campaign war chests of $1 million+, which in turn discourages people to run against them, so then they’re free to use their campaign funds to put gas in their cars, or whatever. In all fairness they should be required to report any personal use as income, though.

It’s weird to me how pathetically broke they were. Using campaign money so your utilities don’t get cut off? Overdrawn and minimal bank accounts. This is a congressman. What a bunch of losers.

2 Likes

Living outside you means. Happens to the best. well except most dont have a slush fund to fall back on.

Allan

1. In an attempt to justify spending campaign funds on a family trip to Italy, Hunter asked a naval base there for a tour. When officials said they couldn’t do it then, Hunter said, “Tell the Navy to go f— themselves.”

There’s the Republican’s unparalleled patriotism and respect for the military shining through!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/22/ickiest-allegations-duncan-hunter-indictment/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.37bbb28ddaaa

1 Like

He’s my rep and my guess is that he’ll relected even if convicted. His district is straight up Trump country and his opponent is a hispanic Arab-American.

He’s a total lefty.

Maybe Hunter will make into next year before being convicted and thrown in club fed.

Allan

LOL!

10char

poor fella

Was he already crafting that statement when he was buying golf shorts with campaign money and then expensing them as golf balls for wounded warriors?

That’s about as ■■■■■■■ low as it gets.

1 Like

Man, I hope he goes to jail.