Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter and his wife indicted

We’re minutes away from the claim that the more convictions and indictments an administration has, the cleaner it is.

Good stuff. I love that one.

2 Likes

It’s a troubling trend. Anything Trump touches turns to complete crap.

Agh I don’t drink anymore. Gonna be killin a case of la croix tonight.

the 3rd person to endorse him… jeff sessions

3rd time’s the charm.

Boy was he lucky that his story sort of got buried in all the other hoopla.

1 Like

Ammar has got be in good spirits today…

Jeff Sessions may very well be the one member of this administration to come out of all this with his reputation and integrity in tact.

It says the investigation began about a year ago, which means it started under Trump. I’m glad to see that he isn’t putting politics ahead of corruption. It doesn’t matter which side of the aisle you’re on, the laws are to be enforced equally.

I like your style… heck, I’ll give Trump credit for Manafort, Cohen, Collins and now Hunter … He is a prosecuting wonder…

The sun came up today, which means it happened under Trump. I’m glad to see he is here to oversee this process and not putting politics ahead of the ecosystem. MAGA!

2 Likes

You are conflating separate issues.

Hunter has nothing to do with the Trump administration. In fact, it’s President Trump’s own DoJ who are prosecuting Hunter.

And it’s Trump’s own DOJ who just got convictions against Manafort and got Cohen to directly link Trump to breaking campaign finance laws.

1 Like

The question is, why didn’t the Obama DoJ prosecute Manafort, they had eight years?

It doesn’t even look like he was being investigated until 2014.

There are a number of plausible reasons, most likely of which is they did not have enough evidence at the time. I don’t think they had access to Manafort’s emails, they may not have yet subpoenad the bank records and GL accounts of the shell companies, and they likely didn’t have the cooperation of the bank officials.

Indeed, the bank fraud stuff wasn’t part of the initial investigation if my memory serves, only the potential tax fraud.

More like his suspected crimes were such low level petty stuff that he was deemed not worth the waste of money and manpower it would require. They had bigger fish to fry.

Once Mueller was appointed, he just looked for anyone associated with Trump to punish. The trivial nature of whatever they were accused of, and how much money and manpower it would consume, became irrelevant.

Two of the crimes he was convicted of yesterday carry sentences of 30 years.

30 years.

That ain’t trivial ■■■■■

1 Like

wonder if he holds onto his seat or does the lefty take over for two years in CA-50.

He cant be removed from ballot from what I have read.

Allan