Republican Mayra Flores just flipped a Texas district that went strongly for Biden

“The Democrat Party has been in control here in South Texas for over 100 years and feel entitled to our vote. They feel they don’t have to do anything to earn our vote. And we sent a strong message to Washington, and we sent a strong message to Democrat Party that you have to get to work. If not, you’re going to get voted out,”

She’s bluffing… ignore her.

Sigh - okay there is no evidence of election fraud coordinated on a scale that would affect the outcome of the 2020 general election.

Election fraud is not acceptable whether its 1, 100 or 1000 votes. When its discovered those who participated in it are prosecuted.

He lost a single battle. But he’s still in action and could still win the war.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/06/16/steve_kornacki_mayra_flores_win_in_south_texas_shows_the_hispanic_vote_could_be_up_for_grabs_we_havent_seen_in_a_long_time.html

I stopped there.

In case you missed it, the PA Court did. It concluded the no-excuse mail in ballots used in the 2020 election violate PA’s Constitution. Keep in mind the number of no-excuse mail-in ballots counted were more than enough to determine the outcome of the election.

JWK

That’s not fraud.

The fraud was allowing no-excuse mail in ballots to be used when the constitution forbids their use.

The ruling was made after. I was short. There were major extenuating circumstances. But for it to be fraud, you have to show intent to defraud.

You are trying to use the “disproportionately affects” argument.

Now if you want to say the governor et al overstepped, I’m with you. But in and of its self it’s not fraud.

Republicans could vote by mail too.

And the Constitution was in effect before the election.

Yes, but the ruling wasn’t. I added to it.

The ruling does not alter the constitution’s restrictions on absentee/mail-in ballots.

Right, but you have to wait for the ruling.

The constitution is written, its violation has nothing to do with a court’s opinion. The allowance of no-excuse mail in voting was a fraud perpetrated upon the people.

2 Likes

Problem is, the courts would rule those votes still valid as they were cast in good faith, not the voters fault the PA courts overstepped their bounds.

It was a collective effort by PA’s three branches of government. And yes, even I would not expect those votes to be invalidated at this stage of the game. Buit I would expect the government actors which set this criminal act into motion be held accountable and suffer an appropriate punishment for undermining one of the most important aspects of our system of government.

1 Like

You go get 'em girl!

1 Like

The day after the Republicans ever hold 95% of both houses I predict they will send out fund raising letters saying their majority is tenuous.

… okay, maybe a week…

5 Likes

To do that we’d probably need to legalize all drugs.

That gave me a nice belly laugh. Thank you