Rep. Matt Gaetz introduces His Son

Adopting a kid is not weird. It’s admirable. Keeping it from the public because you want to shield the kid from scrutiny. Not weird. Dropping some truth bomb on Twitter out of no where that you have a son, who actually is the son of an ex girlfriends dead mother. That’s weird. But hey, it is Florida.

6 Likes

Not in the context of what happened, his being challenged that he’d never understand what it is like to have a "child of color’.

The kid is now an adult and no doubt they decided together now would be the appropriate time to introduce him to the world.

You don’t know that. All we know is that he thought going on Twitter to make this major announcement was somehow a good idea. It wasn’t. It was super weird.

1 Like

I don’t know… but barring some revelation not going to suspect any foul play just yet

Yep. …

Yes, I do know that because it’s linked to above by another poster.

There’s nothing weird about this other than the trollish responses to it.

Can you clarify which posts could be in danger of falling foul of the TOS?

You just proved my point. Thank you dear friend.

1 Like

Please share the link where it says they decided together to make this important announcement on Twitter.

That person is careful to not say it’s Matt’s son.

By all means, explain.

You continue making things up trying to paint him a some sort of child molester and you’ve already been warned so why do you continue?

2 Likes

Are you a moderator now? i thought the protocol was to report something you think is a TOS problem and let the mods sort it out.

4 Likes

So, no adoption.

1 Like

Been warned?

I asked a question, if you have a problem with that report me.

It wasn’t me who warned her it was a moderator.

I dont have a problem I was just asking you a question.

Of course you were… . :sweat_smile:

He will be on that Tucker guy’s show tonight. I’m sure it will made more clear.

In the meantime

Nestor Galban Retweeted

Peter Schorsch
@PeterSchorschFL

·

3h

We met both Nestor & his sister, May, a few years ago during a

@FSUFootball

game. The family has a remarkable story. I said then that

@MattGaetz

deserved for the world to know how he stepped up but he didnt want that. The attacks on Matt & Nestor are the very worst of politics.

More, from People magazine:
"And so Nestor moved in with them — “a modern family,” Gaetz says now.

He says that, except for an interruption during Nestor’s junior year after Gaetz and Nestor’s sister broke up, Nestor has basically lived with him since moving from Cuba.

“He is a part of my family story,” Gaetz, 38, tells PEOPLE, adding: “My work with Nestor, our family, no element of my public service could compare to the joy that our family has brought me.”

Geatz did not formally adopt Nestor (and he declines to discuss Nestor’s relationship with his biological family now). He re-frames the matter, saying, “Our relationship as a family is defined by our love for each other, not by any paperwork.”"

So Nestor moved in with sister and Matt. When Matt and sister broke up, he stayed with Matt.

Very nice story at People magazine.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/politics/matt-gaetz-tells-story-boy-he-raised-as-a-son/%3Famp=true

4 Likes