Rep. Matt Gaetz introduces His Son

For one thing, how come Nestor’s last name is Galban?

Well yeah, that’s how it is being spun on Twitter, but I don’t think even Gaetz is dumb enough to bring a situation like that to everyone’s attention.

But still- not kosher, and we will find out more, I’m sure.

:thinking:

A single man adopting or fostering an older kid: Excellent!

Keeping it secret for 7 years: Weird.

Calling him your “helper” or “local student”: Creepy.

Revealing his existence only when it’s politically convenient: Contemptible.

8 Likes

There’s something super weird going on here. Because Matt Gaetz isn’t stupid, at least not like Devin Nunes/Louie Goehmert stupid. He’s a grifter. And sharp enough to see an angle this ■■■■■■■ big and flashing red in front of his eyes.

Jose Felix Diaz, an executive vice president at the political consulting firm Ballard Partners, also posted a tweet defending Gaetz, writing, “I am seeing so many hateful comments about Matt Gaetz & Nestor. When that kid lost his mom, Matt was dating his sister and he stepped up. Plain and simple. He has been an outstanding role model & mentor for Nestor and anyone that served with Matt knows this great kid.”

Mystery solved.

Some of you need to be way more careful with your posts. The implications in this thread are shameful. It wasn’t hard to find.

@LucyLou please edit your OP and include an actual link to a news story. They aren’t had to find. You can use this one if you want. You can leave the tweet, just add a link.

2 Likes

Then why did Gaetz call his “son” a helper and a local student? Seems real weird.

I’d be proud and full of joy to reveal that.

2 Likes

Matt was dating the kid’s sister ??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

What the hell is creepy about that?

“Daddy’s Little Helper” and other such nick names are quite common.

Why exactly is that a problem for you?

There can be quite an ages spread in families.

A kid I went to school with had a brother that was 28 years older than he.

Nope. Still not the real story. Waiting.

1 Like

If that’s the case, not a problem at all.

It is not the case. Where does Nestor live when Gaetz is in DC? Who has been watching him for 6 years?

In third grade for show and tell he brought his brother who was serving as an Infantry Captain in Vietnam.

Big age spreads are common especially in large families, even more so where birth control isn’t readily available or often not used such as in Heavily Catholic Countries.

What, there are no other single parents in Congress ? I’m sure there’s arrangements that can be made.

How old is Nestor? There are lots of options for looking after kids that don’t require the dad to be home all the time.

Why is his last name not Gaetz? Was this a legal adoption? Not buying this tale. And once again- not alleging anything sexual. We just do not know the whole story.

Y’all gotta admit that this is weird.

1 Like

Nor are you entitled to all of the answers.

The kid is 19 and appears to be doing just fine.

There’s lots of good reasons for high profile politicians to keep their minor kids shielded from public exposure particularly in these times.

Read at the bottom.

Only if your mind is in the gutter.

He adopted a kid, so what?

imagine the memes that would be created if this were Biden or Obama announcing this. Look what people do right now with Omar here.

3 Likes