Remember when journalists used to issue retractions?

Now they just issue updates that refute the basis of their reporting without admitting that it was total bunk to begin with. That is what has happened to a Rolling Stone report that was widely reported as fact in the mainstream media.

How many people have been injured as a result of avoiding going to emergency rooms because of false reports about overcrowding?

Will the mainstream media that repeated the false reports even admit their error?

Is there any liability if someone spreads disinformation about a generic drug? I think that the answer is no since the manufacturer sees little profit in expanding use of the drug.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the point of this thread. Maybe they will or they won’t. I believe that folks who are interested will do their homework and find out what the real story is. And you comment on updates only seems to apply to what was done on this particular story. You make it sound like this is the new normal when there is no evidence that I can find that this is the case.

Is there any liability if a drug maker spreads disinformation about generic alternative treatments?

I think that the answer is no, since the makers of the generic drugs see little profit in expanding use of the drug. That may explain why a blatant smear campaign is unlikely to be of great concern for lawyers of news outlets.

Only patients and insurance companies are harmed by having to pay for expensive proprietary treatments but proving the harm would be extremely difficult.

The MSM IS an enemy of “we the people”. They are no longer the free press. Now they are nothing more than perpetuators of political narratives and personal opinions being stated as facts. Even the “fact checkers” are liars.

1 Like

Yes, they happily spread disinformation when it supports the narrative coming out of the White House and the drug companies.

Rolling Stone recycled a photo of people lining up to get vaccinations in their original report.

The AP just issued a similar “update” on its hit piece about Ivermectin.

The ultimate insult comes when the social media “fact checkers” use the disinformation to silence people who dare to refute the lies or to provide alternative information that deviates from the party line.

1 Like

Lol on Jack Posobiec making any complaint about media falsehoods.

1 Like

Do you have any evidence that his reporting is incorrect?

Unlike the Rolling Stone, CNN, MSNBC, etc. Twitter would quickly ban him if he spread actual disinformation.

Pizzagater asshats have given up all right to complain about people getting stuff wrong.

Yes… Rolling Stone ■■■■■■ up by re-reporting a local news story without checking into it themselves. They ■■■■■■ up.

Pizzagate ■■■■■■■■ like Jack Prosobiec should keep their mouths shut about news organizations amplifying wrong stories.

1 Like

Yes, I forgot how traumatic the Pizzagate incident was. The idea that an armed man would investigate unconfirmed reports of pedophilia and corruption still leaves many in fear, especially if they happen to have been friends with Jeffrey Epstein or Harvey Weinstein. How many people were injured in the incident?

Since then, we have seen the mainstream media pushing the “mostly peaceful protest” hoax that resulted in months of deaths and destruction.

We have seen them complicit in Joe Biden’s fine-people hoax that was the center of his campaign. This lie arguably contributed to a Capitol Policeman shooting an unarmed woman half his size to death without warning because he hallucinated she was a fascist stormtrooper.

We have seen the FBI and the media spend years pushing the Russia collusion hoax. We have seen the same media dutifully bury any reporting about the Biden laptop based on a Russian disinformation hoax promoted by former CIA and FBI officials.

Yes, I am sorry to hear you are still so traumatized.

1 Like

The point is…. Don’t listen to Jack Prosobiec.

He is an ■■■■■■■ grifter.

1 Like

I even listen to CNN from time to time even though they are pure propaganda. Occasionally, truth accidently slips out.

Not with Jack Prosobiec.

He is an idiot.

Don’t listen to him.

Can you point to anything that refutes his report about Rolling Stone reusing a photo from last winter to frame their current misinformation?

I already said that Rolling Stone ■■■■■■ up.

That is separate from listening to anything Jack Posobeic has to say.

He is either an idiot or a grifter or both.

In the future… try to reference the opinion of people who aren’t obvious ■■■■■■■■■

That was a hoax? I thought it was a meme based off a CNN graphic.

If ya can’t deny what’s being said, then deny the messenger. That’s the kindergarten way. Niiiice. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

In no way have I defended Rolling Stone.

Jack Posobiec complaining about them getting something wrong is hilarious and stupid at the same time.

Don’t listen to him. He is an idiot.

Did the mainstream media ever retract the “mostly peaceful protest” narrative about the months of riots?

Here is an example of a recent police shooting of a Black man.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mass-protests-honolulu-police-shoot-kill-black-man-78116555

Where are the massive protests and riots now? It is as if the dozens of deaths and billions in damages were the result of a violent insurrection to overthrow the government and police shootings were just a pretext.

Do not expect the mainstream media to admit that now.

1 Like

It wasn’t about RS “getting something wrong”. It was about them deliberately pushing a false narrative…you know…like what I’ve been saying about the MSM for years now. They’ve become sheople troughs and anyone who exposes this truth, is doing good reporting.

1 Like

What the ■■■■ was Pizzagate promoter Jack Posobeic doing then?

I have no problem with people pointing out that Rolling Stone ■■■■■■ up.

Jack Posobiec is not a person who has any right to that though.