Remember when global warming was the biggest threat?

I haven’t watched it in a long time either, but I think it’s been on the air for something like thirty years.

No they wouldn’t.

Some would, some wouldn’t. Your broad brush is inaccurate.

1 Like

Some will say they do, until they think about the impact on them.

1 Like

I see consequences playing out rather than purposeful Immiseration. It’s silly that people were willing to live with so much exposure to commidity-based energy costs.

1 Like

What? It’s purposeful immiseration for fabricated consequences.

What energy source do you feel will not be “commodity based”?

1 Like

Noting that the UK would continue to be reliant on gas for some years to come, Rees-Mogg told representatives that it was better to source the hydrocarbon locally than be left to the mercy of foreign malign actors like Russia and the Gulf states for hydrocarbons, or even China which makes the vast majority of the world’s solar panels.

This will be great to qoute next time they get bent over by foreigners. Hydrocarbon producers will chase overseas money and leave the British exposed to high prices.

I would pay more for anything currently made in China if it meant we could decouple from them, but I have the money to do so. Not so easy for everyone, especially these days. But any “environmentalist” with money who wouldn’t do the same is a fraud.

It’s not purposeful at all. Nobody told Putin to act up. Power companies to exposed themselves to gas prices due to their own short term thinking.

Stop screaming at them.

No, it’s not easy. Yes, it has to be done.

“They” should have thought about it before they coupled.

Of course it is. You© have decided we’re killing the planet.

And the so-called immiseration that followed was simply asking hydrocarbon industries to clean up after themselves.

Ash ponds should be secured, wells properly capped, carcinogens minimalized, engine soot disposed of, ground water protected. Leave things the way you found them.

The green agenda is everything these companies should have already been doing just to be good neighbors.

These aren’t examples of what I was talking about.

The beneficiaries of these acts would be themselves…not others and not far in the future.

Sure, but that doesn’t help us solve the problem now.

Precisely, they don’t consider unintended consequences of the fee fees/emotions.

1 Like

Notice how those libs always push their hardcore radicalism and then when it blows up in their faces they spread the blame to lib-con thing. And then later they rewrite history as it being republican fault. Incremental lying until they’re resolved from all and any blame.

7 Likes

I know many of em…many of em. They don’t practice what they preach.

3 Likes

You whine about slave labor in other countries but have no problem stealing the fruit of working, tax paying Americans labor and redistributing it to able bodied dead beats and illegals who contribute nothing to the system. Pray tell dude, what’s the difference?

3 Likes