Release of PPP loan recipients data reveals many loans benefited Kushner and Trump

Properties owned by the Trump Organization as well as President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner’s family at the Kushner Companies profited from the program.

Why wasn’t this public knowledge in the first place? Why did Mnuchin keep it a secret? Why did it take multiple FOIA requests to get this info?

For being so different from swampy establishment politicans, Trump and family sure do grift like 'em.

Buh buh buh libz!

Is there anything more swampy than passing legislation that directly enriches you personally?

Grifters gonna grift.

Over 25 PPP loans worth more than $3.65 million were given to businesses with addresses at Trump and Kushner real estate properties, paying rent to those owners. Fifteen of the properties self-reported that they only kept one job, zero jobs or did not report a number at all.

Unbelievable.

So people who have business on Trump properties were not eligible for those loans?

Why all the secrecy?

1 Like

That is a separate questions. I don’t want you to know how much I got for one business. However I understand that the government shouldn’t be able to keep it hidden. I also believe you need a reason for the info, I hate Trump, shouldn’t be a valid reason. You can see the paper only sued to try and find dirt on Trump. They didn’t so they wrote a misleading article that the lemmings just lapped up.

4 Likes

Two tenants at 725 5th Avenue, Trump Tower, received more than $100,000 and kept only three jobs.

Four tenants at the Kushner-owned 666 5th Avenue combined received more than $204,000, and retained only six jobs.

These loans should not be forgiven. Do we have data on that?

1 Like

Good gosh. They are basically saying if your small business rents from a Kushner related building, your small business, not Kushners, should be ineligible for the program.
If Congress meant something insane like that, they should have put it in the law.
The media is consistent, even after they won.

3 Likes

I agree, hopefully they keep track. However that is not much when you consider salaries and rent, assuming they actually needed it. I know a realtor here that got a little over a million. There was no need the real estate business was, is booming here.

You really don’t see the problem here?

Yes, I do. An insane, partisan media.
Do you seriously believe that small businesses should have been disqualified, and possibly left to fail, just because of from whom they were renting? If you had a tailor shop in that building and needed that assistance, would it be fair to let your business fail?

1 Like

No, I believe that people who pay rent to Kushner and Trump got the secret PPP loans, and so Kushner and Trump benefitted from the loans.

Then you agree they should not have been automatically disqualified from the loans. End of made up controversy.

I think they received preferential treatment. Why the secrecy? Why did multiple FOIA requests have to be made?

And the conspiracy theories without evidence just keep on coming.

I think there’s evidence.

• Two tenants at 725 5th Avenue, Trump Tower, received more than $100,000 and kept only three jobs.
  • Four tenants at the Kushner-owned 666 5th Avenue combined received more than $204,000, and retained only six jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/06/sba-ppp-loans-data/
Data released Monday by the Small Business Administration shows that businesses owned by members of Congress and the law practice that represented President Trump were among the hundreds of thousands of firms that received aid from the agency.

The whole thing stinks.

Did they do something in noncompliance with the statute? Were these unique cases that couldn’t be found replicated all over the country?
If you are going to complain that Trump is saying the election was stolen without providing specific evidence, you should do better than this.
Or rather, NBC should.
But that is not expected.